Page 12 of 13 [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 12:40 pm

What reason do you have for getting to know some person you meet at the grocery store? On the basis that you think someone's hot? Are you trying to brainstorm alternate reasons when that really is the only reason? I think that's a horrible way to look for a relationship, but if you ever figure out a way to lie to someone's face while looking truthful, you may be able to pull it off, that and have a really nice car.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:
billiscool wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
telling someone she's average isn't exactly a compliment either

but telling a woman she is good looking that sexual harassment or you be seen as a creep.
Telling a woman she is ugly is an insults.
so what are you suppose to say?

It pisses them off because it takes no imagination and she's heard it a million times already. Like she doesn't already look in the mirror every day.
Commenting her on her fashion sense is something altogether different, but she has to be very attractively dressed, and you must articulate precisely what it is about her attire that IS so attractive. Don't mention boobs.
Noticing something desirable about her that she probably has never heard before is a good look too.
But the above opportunities aren't always going to be convenient.

So you walk up to her, look in her eye and rattle off something you memorized earlier, but with feeeeling!

"I don't mean to seem weird but........."

"....I saw you from back there and something in me just had to meet you. I don't do this everyday. My name is...."
"....I'm new around here and I was wondering, can you tell me where a good place to go out nearby here is?"
"...Your face is so beautiful it makes me want to bring as much pleasure to it as possible."

Nice attempt but it still all depends on who says it. The last one I find just downright creepy, especially when you approach the girl in a store or something.

If I were in a shop and a stranger came up to me and made that last comment I'd alert store security! My skin is crawling just thinking about having someone say that to me. It's repulsive!

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 1:26 pm

Marcia wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:
billiscool wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

but telling a woman she is good looking that sexual harassment or you be seen as a creep.

It pisses them off because it takes no imagination and she's heard it a million times already. Like she doesn't already look in the mirror every day.
Commenting her on her fashion sense is something altogether different, but she has to be very attractively dressed, and you must articulate precisely what it is about her attire that IS so attractive. Don't mention boobs.
Noticing something desirable about her that she probably has never heard before is a good look too.
But the above opportunities aren't always going to be convenient.

So you walk up to her, look in her eye and rattle off something you memorized earlier, but with feeeeling!

"I don't mean to seem weird but........."

"....I saw you from back there and something in me just had to meet you. I don't do this everyday. My name is...."
"....I'm new around here and I was wondering, can you tell me where a good place to go out nearby here is?"
"...Your face is so beautiful it makes me want to bring as much pleasure to it as possible."

Nice attempt but it still all depends on who says it. The last one I find just downright creepy, especially when you approach the girl in a store or something.

If I were in a shop and a stranger came up to me and made that last comment I'd alert store security! My skin is crawling just thinking about having someone say that to me. It's repulsive!

Exactly.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 1:42 pm

Quote:

:lmao:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 1:54 pm

billiscool wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

you're talking about work now, right? you can always compliment a woman on a new item of clothing or on her job performance or haircut, as long as you steer clear of making it about her physical self. it's not really necessary a lot of the time to make compliments on people's appearance too much at work except as a bit of conversation really.

good: that is a great haircut!
good: are those new glasses? they're cool.

bad (sexual harassment): mmmmm those new leggings look sexxxxyyyyyy.
bad (sexual harassment): that sweater is tight in ALL the right places.

it is never necessary to judge someone's appearance, like to tell them your opinion about whether they are attractive:
bad (sexual harassment): your face is so beautiful.
bad (critical/mean): your face is sort of plain-looking.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

Words of advice: NEVER comment on a woman's appearance unless.......

A. They ask for your opinion. In which case only respond in complimentary terms (even if it's a lie.) And no, "average" is not a compliment. :roll:

B. You are on an actual date (not asking for a phone number or talking to someone you just met) but an actual honest-to-god date. And again, only in complimentary terms. It also shouldn't be the only thing you compliment her on.

You do creepy things and then react with hostility to all the people here who are trying to help you. Here's what you need to realize: In the end, it doesn't matter what you think. I understand these social rules seem stupid to you, but this is the way the world works. If you don't learn to accept that, you'll continue to be a lonely, bitter, emo "nice guy" that woman will never want to be around let alone date.

Blue_Jackets_fan wrote:
Here in Florida if you try that you get slapped in the face. Rightly so I might add.
A slap in the face would be getting off easy where I'm from.........I have several female friends who carry around pepper spray!

Looking forward to the "some lady tazed me" thread. At the rate the OP is going, it seems inevitable. :lol:

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:17 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:

Is that because you have a face like a pig and it couldn't work on you?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:19 pm

ripped wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:

No, because its bad enough that any unwanted interest is already classified as creepy, but something unwanted that by itself is creepy will end with a combination of pepper spray, tapering, or being kicked in the balls, or even being arrested

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:26 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
Marcia wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:

Exactly.

Hey Billiscool, take note of these two replies. This is important.

These are the ones you can spot before you walk up okay.

A fair amount of chicks have totally repulsive attitudes, and these two are examples of that.
Either they believe they are unattractive and therefore the line has to be a lie,
Or they aren't into pleasure with new guys anyway.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:28 pm

MXH wrote:
ripped wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:

No, because its bad enough that any unwanted interest is already classified as creepy, but something unwanted that by itself is creepy will end with a combination of pepper spray, tapering, or being kicked in the balls, or even being arrested

Thanks for the advice. As usual it is worth what I paid for it.
How about you offer some positive advice to the brother who is down on his luck and searching?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm

ripped wrote:
MXH wrote:
ripped wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:

How about you offer some positive advice to the brother who is down on his luck and searching?

What's next, women that have been raped should be happy they were raped cause that means someone liked them a lot? Do you really not understand how stupid what you're saying is?

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 9:00 pm

MXH wrote:
ripped wrote:
MXH wrote:
ripped wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:

What's next, women that have been raped should be happy they were raped cause that means someone liked them a lot? Do you really not understand how stupid what you're saying is?

No. But I have a good idea how stupid what you are saying is.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.
But sh*tcanning sincere advice without offering anything positive in return ( of your own, not about me ) will generally result in a negative response.
I don't choose to offend you merely through the luxury of convenience.
But the issue here need not be about my taste in openers.

Can you give any constructive advice to the young dude who is broken hearted and searching.
because so far he has been the butt of more jokes that a person in his position should have to take.
The advice offered in this thread is often sincere, but not always practically useful.
Please seize this opportunity to give the guy the best positive and practical advice.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

Advice has been given, a multitude of it. None of it has been taken except the very rare "keep doing what you're doing". As you can see it's not really working out for them.

How myself and others may have treated the OP at times is admittedly unfair. We are here to help each other, but it's hard not to be frustrated or see humor in it.

You can't help those that don't want to be saved. All this person wants is validation for what they are doing, not disapproval or advice. Unfortunately none of us are able to give validation for such ill thought behavior so we are bombarded with threads about the same subject. This is like a 5 year old that steals a candy from the store without paying and desperately wants validation from their mother that what they did was OK so they don't have to bear the brunt of a guilty conscience.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 9:24 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Advice has been given, a multitude of it. None of it has been taken except the very rare "keep doing what you're doing". As you can see it's not really working out for them.

How myself and others may have treated the OP at times is admittedly unfair. We are here to help each other, but it's hard not to be frustrated or see humor in it.

"For those that know, no words are necessary, for those that don't, no words are enough."
The dude has has his heart broken for the first time.
Some people don't get over this.
He is willing to try.
I am on the side of winners, and trying is winning in the dating game.
All he asked for was a little advice.
Now I know he wont be posting the fruitful results of your advice, but you all know he is reading it.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 9:31 pm

No need for a hero complex. I want Bill to succeed and do well. I want that even for the more angsty ones here. Not for them to go away but to go away better than they came in as far as L&D goes. The problem here is not that he isn't taking my personal advice, he just isn't taking any advice period. Read the part under what you quoted for my take on it. I've seen every thread Bill has made.

Having said all that it's probably best not to continue to make a sideshow. Bill I'm sorry for your loss but why the sudden interest in your ex? You've made lots of threads about other women and approaching other women. Where does the ex come into all of this?

I appreciate you might read all of our advice and probably wish you could unread it, but at least consider it.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 9:44 pm

ripped wrote:
MXH wrote:
ripped wrote:
MXH wrote:
ripped wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
ripped wrote:

No. But I have a good idea how stupid what you are saying is.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.
But sh*tcanning sincere advice without offering anything positive in return ( of your own, not about me ) will generally result in a negative response.
I don't choose to offend you merely through the luxury of convenience.
But the issue here need not be about my taste in openers.

Can you give any constructive advice to the young dude who is broken hearted and searching.
because so far he has been the butt of more jokes that a person in his position should have to take.
The advice offered in this thread is often sincere, but not always practically useful.
Please seize this opportunity to give the guy the best positive and practical advice.

I already offered my constructive criticism, you're simply too deluded to even bother with it. Have fun with all of that, must bewprking rather well for you.