i could probably kill someone if i wanted to

Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

goaway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Feb 2013, 4:59 pm

I could kill someone to actually I think about it all day long :)
(but only the People I hate. not innocent People)

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 5:31 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
You should probably express your concerns to a doctor before you express them to WP. Sometimes people have fantasies or urges but know they won't act on them. If you feel you can't control your urges you should talk to a doctor immediately. Prison is a pretty boring place.

This is seriously the truth.

Why are you posting about a blood fetish on public internet forums? If you were to kill someone they would track you to the site like the last one who killed folks.

Either
A. You are making this up for attention
B. You are serious and need help
C. Have made this up for attention however truth in jest be said you really do fantasize about killing people and now have prevented yourself from becoming a killer since Anon could just ID you on the web.... aiiiiiiiii

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 5:31 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
:roll:

Yeah, because talking to a psychiatrist about something as simple as realizing you could kill someone ...These things are absolutely normal.

Ummmm...

Noooo.....

Everyone does NOT think about killing people. Slapping them across the face, maybe, but not KILLING. That is not "absolutely normal."

And I would assume the OP does not find it "absolutely normal" either, else she would not be posting here asking about it.

She said she was "worried" if I recall.

That, to me, indicates that she does not find it "normal" at all.

The best advice you have received is to talk to someone about this. People who act on such thoughts were at one point simply people who had them. I am not saying that you are doomed to act on them, but I do think you should talk to someone about it.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:52 pm

InThisTogether wrote:
Ummmm...

Noooo.....

Everyone does NOT think about killing people. Slapping them across the face, maybe, but not KILLING. That is not "absolutely normal."

I've had at least several psychologists and psychiatrists say that it is indeed very much normal and that most people think about it now and again (some more than others).

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:54 pm

Dillogic wrote:
InThisTogether wrote:
Ummmm...

Noooo.....

I've had at least several psychologists and psychiatrists say that it is indeed very much normal and that most people think about it now and again (some more than others).

I have known several psychologists and psychiatrists who were completely whacked out. :)

Are you saying I am abnormal because I never think of killing other people?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:10 pm

InThisTogether wrote:

You thinking of slapping someone would be your form of it (it's the same thing, just not taken as far) -- some people are more aggressive than others.

Seriously though, unless you're planning and have ideation over killing a specific person (and this doesn't worry you and you intend to go through with it), there's nothing wrong with violent thoughts -- and the mental professionals will tell you the same.

But as I said, if these things worry you, by all means see someone.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:21 pm

Dillogic wrote:
InThisTogether wrote:

You thinking of slapping someone would be your form of it (it's the same thing, just not taken as far) -- some people are more aggressive than others.

I hardly agree that thinking of slapping someone and thinking of killing someone are the same thing. Slapping someone causes temporary pain or perhaps even just humiliation. Killing someone permanently deprives them of life. Not at all the same. Calling it the same seems trivializing to me.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:25 pm

^^^
Well it could be normal or not.....it would depend on what kind of thoughts he's actually having, how frequently, how specific, how detailed. If he occasionally has a passing though like "oh my little brother is so annoying , I want to kill him" and imagines strangling him for half a second when say he makes an annoying noise but doesn't seriously consider it then that's one thing. If he frequently has thoughts about killing people and they're detailed and maybe about the same person, then that's dangerous. He should see a doctor since he;s worried about these thoughts and he can find out whether or not he needs to be worried/needs help.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:29 pm

InThisTogether wrote:
I hardly agree that thinking of slapping someone and thinking of killing someone are the same thing. Slapping someone causes temporary pain or perhaps even just humiliation. Killing someone permanently deprives them of life. Not at all the same. Calling it the same seems trivializing to me.

What if you slapped someone and they fell over and hit their head on the ground? You should probably stop thinking of that, as that has led to deaths before with the physical act.

Now, what if a more aggressive male thinks of punching someone? Same effect.

What of the child running around pretending to kill Indians (and in his mind he is doing it)? Does he have a problem?

What of that person with the fleeting thought of wanting to push that annoying person out a window? Does this person have a problem?

These are all violent "thoughts", and they're all normal and go along the same lines.

There's thoughts that aren't normal, but realizing that you can kill someone and that worries you isn't that (though if the worry persists and you start to obsess -- that can be OCD and you might need help there in case you start doing compulsions that interfere with your functioning).

Last edited by Dillogic on 09 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm

Dillogic wrote:
InThisTogether wrote:

What if you slapped someone and they fell over and hit their head on the ground? You should probably stop thinking of that, as that has led to deaths before with the physical act.

The problem with that logic is that when I think of slapping someone, I am not thinking of, nor desiring, to cause their death.

When someone is thinking of killing someone, they are actively thinking about causing their death, presumably with a desire to cause it.

Not the same.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:34 pm

InThisTogether wrote:
The problem with that logic is that when I think of slapping someone, I am not thinking of, nor desiring, to cause their death.

It's still a violent act though. Said violent acts can manifest in millions of different ways.

Violence is what this is about. Killing is caused by violence. Cause and effect.

Humans have violent thoughts. And it's normal.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:58 pm

Dillogic wrote:

Humans have violent thoughts. And it's normal.

I would agree with this. Humans have violent thoughts. However, I would not agree that the extreme thought of killing other human beings is "normal."

There are many things within the span of human existence that are considered "normal," except for when they reach the extremes. In fact, extremes are rarely "normal," hence the fact that they are extreme.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:06 pm

Still normal though, for the simple reason most tend to think these things. All males I've spoken to have had them (violence leading to killing), and many females too (that'd be dozens of people, so that's a good sample size).

Testosterone would increase the severity of violent thoughts, so males should probably have more "crush" than "slap" type thoughts -- they're just thoughts though, and since only a very small portion of the public actually commit murder, one can conclude that it's not a problem at all. Hence, normal.

I find it interesting why people have them, personally (yes, even the "slap" make).

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:18 pm

Indeed. Thoughts about killing someone are normal. Some people--the least physically aggressive of us, usually women--don't tend to have thoughts of that sort, and will instead think about humiliating someone. However, the vast majority of people report having thought about killing someone.

The best predictor of whether you are going to kill someone has nothing to do with your thoughts. The best predictor is in fact your past behavior. If you have in the past committed assault, you are at higher risk to commit murder in the future. What we think isn't nearly as important as what we decide to do.

That said, OCD can often include thoughts of killing someone as an obsession. Ironically, it's usually an obsession precisely because the person is so afraid of becoming a murderer, and so upset by the thoughts because it goes against everything they believe in. The problem here isn't that the thoughts are about murder, but that they are causing you a lot of distress. It does not hover increase the risk that you will ever actually kill someone.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Last edited by Callista on 09 Feb 2013, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:18 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Still normal though, for the simple reason most tend to think these things. All males I've spoken to have had them (violence leading to killing), and many females too (that'd be dozens of people, so that's a good sample size).

Testosterone would increase the severity of violent thoughts, so males should probably have more "crush" than "slap" type thoughts -- they're just thoughts though, and since only a very small portion of the public actually commit murder, one can conclude that it's not a problem at all. Hence, normal.

I find it interesting why people have them, personally (yes, even the "slap" make).

It's page 3 of this thread and your entire argument has centered around "Doctors can't help you. You should figure it out on your own." If he could figure it out on his own he wouldn't be asking for guidance on WP. Sorry s**t didn't work out for you with counseling, it doesn't mean counseling can't help him.

Sometimes you need to know when to stop. This is one of those times.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:19 pm

I know that you know that "dozens" of people is not a good sample size when you are talking about N=the entire human race! LOL!

Why do I have an urge to slap people? For me, it mostly arises when someone is inconsiderate. Though sometimes if I am stressed or overstimulated, I realize I see evidence of lack of consideration in a wide variety of things, including breathing and swallowing (from another thread) LOL!