Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

baseballfan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2005, 2:37 pm

Is anyone else really interested in photography? I'm a budding amateur photographer, and I've been trying to learn more and more about photography ever since I received a new camera for Christmas.

-Scott

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2005, 10:54 pm

I am. I am really trying to read up on it in my spare time. I unfortunately learned that my digital camera is crap, b/c I can't manually control the white balance. I really am attracted to Annie Liebowitz photographs, b/c I like the colors and hues she uses.

My favorite subject is my daughter, but when I was in San Francisco, during Halloween, I got some great shots in the Castro District.

What kind of camera do you have and what do you like/dislike about it?

Tallgirl.

irreligiousone
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2005, 7:33 pm

I adore photography. My favorite subjects are my cats and the flowers in my gardens. My husband recently took a photography class and is slowly (when he has spare time) teaching me everything he knows!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 11:28 pm

I don't have a camera, but I take awesome candid pictures and enjoy nature shots. I can't really afford anything, I'd have to save up. Oh well. :?

jess26
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2012, 9:03 am

I'm just finishing up an intro photography class at my local community college. I had always been interested in photography, but never got around to learning much until now. I really enjoy it, though I have a hard time figuring out what subjects to shoot. I have learned a lot about manual settings on cameras and I really want a camera of my own one day! Currently I'm shooting with a Nikon D60 that I borrowed from my partner. I don't have a job though, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to afford my own stuff.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 9:28 am

I love photography!

I'm pretty decent with objects or babies but I'm too socially incompetent to photograph adult models and have a meltdown if I try to photograph an important event like a wedding. :(

Stick your camera in manual mode, leave it there and learn how to use it, this means you will start off by taking a lot of crap of photos and miss a lot of shots but don't worry, after you hardwire the skills in and they become instinctive you become a much better photographer.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2012, 7:56 am

I love photography. I take abstract photos and then write Nanni poems underneath as a caption.

Nanni poems are an old Indian style of poetry from Teluga, they go back a thousands years.

jess26
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2012, 2:43 pm

that sounds great!