Cloud Atlas - Philosophical thought and application in life

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Cfroi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2013, 9:54 am

Just watched that great movie, most of my friends say it's too complicated. But I thought it's just too literal and too logical that neurotypicals can't easily take up. I am not good story teller. So I simply jump to the core idea of the film.
Donna Bae has her repeated word:"Our live is not ours, we are bonded."
This is truly a phrase full of Buddha concept and its a "awaken" phrase for those who truly understands about the universe. Self esteem or self conscious is a daily life concept that hurts modern people and make them anxious. Only those think broader that everything including concept of "I" and everything around is connected could escape from that prison of "mind".

Let me stop here and let see any people could follow then I can continue.

You are sort of neurotypical but shows signs of autism. You probably enjoy intellectual activities more than socializing or maybe you enjoy socializing, but you aren't genius at it. You could be autistic, but may not be.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2013, 11:47 pm

Cfroi wrote:
Only those think broader that everything including concept of "I" and everything around is connected could escape from that prison of "mind".

I've only seen pieces of it, but from what I can tell, it's implying that reincarnation does happen, and each soul will ultimately experience everything there ever is to experience, and meet up with each other multiple times over many, many lifetimes and events.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

SpeakerToAnimals
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2013, 8:51 pm

Not seen the film yet but I've read the book.

Is it just me or is Sonmi a bit Aspie?

Cfroi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2013, 8:12 am

somni is a android. I don't think she can be aspie :D

You are sort of neurotypical but shows signs of autism. You probably enjoy intellectual activities more than socializing or maybe you enjoy socializing, but you aren't genius at it. You could be autistic, but may not be.

Cfroi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2013, 11:33 pm

Things are changing, both in a way that you can control and you cannot control. Everything starts from your mind.
A few months ago, I attended a Wing Chun course by myself because none of my friend like this traditional boring Kung Fu. A few weeks pass by, I find my self too busy at work. My training suspended for a while.
I ask myself, should I be sad or happy on that?

Money spent. Initial time cost spent. And no reward. Sad scenario.
During small chats, friends and I initiated more topic about exercising. And some proposed learning Kick boxing in the future. Happy scenario.

Is act of learning Wing Chun itself a bad star because I originally want to equip myself with Kung Fu but somehow failed? Or is it a good start that my friends and I are motivated in going to a more dynamic future, e.g. Kick boxing?

It depends how you think.

It's just like what Tom Hanks said: yesterday I am heading to one direction, today I am heading to another way that I have no expected.

This is what I am inspired from that movie. Think, act, re-modification of thinking, re-act... this looping is going to be a universal method of everything in life. The most critical ingredient is, you gotta have hope.

Donna Bae said: Death is not an end but a beginning.

Is death really leading to a new era? We don't know, we just hope so. Anyone agree?