Anyone here really passionate about singing?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:28 pm

I've loved singing ever since I was very young. With 5 years I started singing random melodies I made up, and used English lyrics - or actually rather what I thought was English because I actually couldn't speak it yet. :D

However I started getting more serious about it with about 12. I had a few singing lessons, but I'm mostly self-taught. I think right now I am good with the potential of becoming amazing. At one point I considered studying singing and making it my job, but I didn't want to destroy the joy of a passion by making it a routine. And I think I wouldn't have been accepted anyway - I know only little music theory and am not very interested in it either. I do however want to join one or more bands one day and sing on (paid) gigs one day, making it a (profitable) big hobby. The main problems with that are my social anxiety and my stage fright. :?

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

I don't actually think I'm a very naturally gifted vocalist (unlike my art and guitar playing ;)) so I've really had to work for every ounce of ability I've drummed up over the last few years but, like you, the stage fright/anxiety keeps me from performing :/. Shoot, I won't even sing karaoke in front of a group of drunks, which baffles people who've enjoyed my music. Anyway, I think people who were born to sing and not only have the natural talent, but love it, too, are special and I hope you find a way to share (and profit from) it.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:18 pm

My biggest dream is to be a famous singer, actually. Or at least being able to live off my singing (partially or completely). I'm not studying it as a career, but I'm training to be a soprano and I love it. I have stage fright too, but I think my love of singing overpowers it. My biggest issue is the social aspect and the expression of emotions when I'm singing. Like with everything else, you need contacts to really make it.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

<--- Can't sing a lick even though he released a solo pop album last year. :oops:

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 10:20 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
<--- Can't sing a lick even though he released a solo pop album last year. :oops:

Wow! I want a sample. :lol:

Farsight
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2013, 1:03 pm

My main instrument is my voice. I enjoy singing quite a bit.

missueannabelle
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Feb 2013, 4:52 pm

My mother says I was singing in my crib :) Have been singing ever since. I also play violin and piano, and taught myself guitar. Love music in general but singing always gives me the best feeling, I suppose because its something your born with. The strange thing is that I have no problem singing in front of large groups but have trouble holding a conversation with a couple of people.