Female characters with Asperger's Syndrome?

Page 8 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

KLessard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2020, 4:18 am

She's probably been mentioned before, but Matilda Wormwood.
I could relate to this character in a lot of ways when I read the book. I was 12 if I remember well.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 8:41 pm

Pepper Anne from an old Disney cartoon by that name.
Daria from a show with the same name
Patricia "Peppermint Patty" Reichardt from Peanuts

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:00 pm

Sakura Futaba from the video game Persona 5. Very similar behaviors to autism. Her English dub said that she head cannoned Futuba to be autistic while dubbing her.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 10:33 pm

I and my mom both have always strongly suspected Michelle from American Pie of being on the spectrum.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 10:46 pm

Scoured TV and cinema and only a couple of female characters that actually have Aspergers
Detective Sonya Cross, “The Bridge“

One of the few shows to actually use the word “Asperger’s” to describe its main character is The Bridge. Based on a popular Swedish drama, the show follows Sonya Cross, a detective working to solve a politically charged murder along the U.S. -Mexico border. Detective Cross often tends to be an over-the-top version of a woman with Asperger’s. She doesn’t make eye contact, often spouts off inappropriate comments, and barely shows an ounce of empathy over the course of the series — things which may or may not be very realistic, depending upon who you ask. Still, most agree that actress Diane Kruger’s raw and heartfelt portrayal of the detective goes in the right direction when it comes to portraying characters on the Autism Spectrum.

Isabel Sorenson, “Mozart and the Whale”
“Mozart and the Whale” has not one, but two main characters with Asperger’s Syndrome. Donald (Josh Hartnett), a taxi driver with passions for birds and numbers, spends his days driving the same patters and routines, and his evenings leading an autism support group. When he meets Isabel (Rahda Mitchell), another Aspie who joins his group, he almost immediately begins to fall in love. The film follows the course of their relationship, and the challenges that come about. The theme here isn’t really different than any other romantic comedy: Donald and Isabel must accept their own and each other’s differences in order to become stronger as a couple.

Julia Sesame Street

Julia, an adorable muppet of a girl who effectively teaches children at home about the differences and similarities of those with autism. Julia is still a pretty new character, but has so far gained a lot of positive buzz from parents eager to see such a character in such an iconic setting.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 2:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
Scoured TV and cinema and only a couple of female characters that actually have Aspergers

One of the few shows to actually use the word “Asperger’s” to describe its main character is The Bridge. Based on a popular Swedish drama, the show follows Sonya Cross, a detective working to solve a politically charged murder along the U.S. -Mexico border. Detective Cross often tends to be an over-the-top version of a woman with Asperger’s. She doesn’t make eye contact, often spouts off inappropriate comments, and barely shows an ounce of empathy over the course of the series — things which may or may not be very realistic, depending upon who you ask. Still, most agree that actress Diane Kruger’s raw and heartfelt portrayal of the detective goes in the right direction when it comes to portraying characters on the Autism Spectrum.

Alex was a consultant to that show working daily with Diane Kruger and the writers.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2020, 12:16 am

One thing is for sure, there aren't enough female characters out there with ASD. It would be nice to see more of them on sitcoms. And, they should be accepted by the community. Everyone needs friends.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 12:27 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Alex was a consultant to that show working daily with Diane Kruger and the writers.

Yes I remember now! this was posted somewhere. Diane Kruger was great. Did Alex get to meet Domain Birchir, he was also brilliant.

The series is actually based on exactly the same story from Denmark except the bridge cross is between Denmark and Sweden. I started watching the first episode but the character of Saga Norén doesn't come across as autistic which means Diane Kruger must have benefitted from Alex's input; (Having said that Saga is pretty hot).

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 4:41 pm

Pollyanna Whittier in the book version just screams Asperger's to me.

Wish_Caster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2020, 3:54 pm

Well I don’t know any canon but Some people have suggested amity from the owl house

Last edited by Wish_Caster on 13 Oct 2020, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 4:14 pm

Elaine Benes!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 6:37 pm

malavois wrote:
Elaine Benes!

Seriously the most NT character on television ever??

malavois
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 1:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
malavois wrote:
Elaine Benes!

Seriously the most NT character on television ever??

Hmm, I disagree. I just finished watching the whole series again and I think Elaine Benes is the tv character who acts and talks the most like I do. This is all conjecture anyway, and that is my observation.

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2021, 12:44 am

Dr. Lilith Sternin-Crane from "Cheers" ! !
-Monotone voice
-Studies lab rat behavior
-Never smiles or laughs, obvious social awkwardness at the bar
-Only goes to the bar because her husband Fraiser does, and spends the entire time usually sitting off by herself taking notes or reading.
-Every now and then makes a blunt insensitive comment to a bar patron, though this seems intentional.

Seven of Nine from "Star Trek: Voyager"
-Aspie all the way, right down to blunt rude comments when she doesn't mean to be rude
Though her Aspie traits apparently are from Borg infestation, I thought she'd be a good mention since Lal, a robot, has been mentioned a few times. Seven was also assimilated to the Borg at around age 7, so she should have by then had plenty of time to develop normally, but still came out Aspie when she was rescued from the Borg.

Eliza Jane Wilder from "Little House on the Prairie"
-Socially awkward, especially in the romance department
-Awkward, bashful body language
-Nerdy appearance
-Peculiar voice

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 4:18 pm

Komi Shouko from the anime (originally manga) Komi Can't Communicate.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 5:21 pm

Matilda from Everything's Gonna Be Okay has what would have been called AS back when the term was in use.