Polar Bear Population Not Decreasing

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2007, 5:25 pm

It was from a Wall Street Journal editorial that was posted on the Junk Science site. It's originally from The Wall Street Journal.

Re: North America. I don't know. It's probably easier to get information from there (I may be wrong though). I do think the focus tends to be on though rather then on Russia.

amerikasend
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2007, 5:31 pm

Oh, The Wall Street Journal editorial. I'm not going to believe too much of what was claimed from an Editorial from the Wall Street Journal.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 8:37 pm

I heard about the flip side of this topic before. From Rush on News Talk 1410 that some photograph shows some Polar bears on a thick ice patch drifting away. With this polar bears in need for help. Which in fact these polar bears were just playing on a large landmass not in the ocean.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 4:07 pm

From the Charlotte Observor:

Quote:
Since the 1970s, while the world was warming, polar bear numbers increased dramatically from around 5,000 to as many as 25,000 today.

Historically, polar bears have thrived in temperatures even warmer than at present—during the medieval warm period 1,000 years ago and during the Holocene Climate Optimum between 5,000 and 9,000 years ago ... ...

According to the WWF* there are 22,000 polar bears in about 20 distinct populations worldwide. Only two populations -- accounting for 16.4 percent of the total number of bears -- are decreasing, and they are in areas where air temperatures have actually fallen.

(source link, registry required :evil: )

*World Wildlife Fund

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2007, 12:09 am

Since when did truth matter.

WE MUST MAINTAIN THE ORTHODOXY! WE MUST MAINTAIN THE ORTHODOXY! WE MUST MAINTAIN THE ORTHODOXY!

*chokes*

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 1:59 pm

I don't believe it, especially after seeing photos of emaciated polar bears. These people are in serious denial and hiding their heads in the proverbial sand. The bears are doomed, as well as the rest of us. :(

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 11:35 am

:roll: :roll:
Do you realise you're replying to a thread that has been dead for 8 1/2 years??

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 2:22 pm

Not only are they increasing, the Polar Bear is a carnivore. They now hunt on land.

The rest of the bears are omnivore, meat being a small part of their diet. They are not hunters.

The Polar Bear is a skilled hunter, lives on meat, and it is breeding with the Brown Bear population, and the cubs are meat eating hunters.

All along the Arctic coast very light colored brown bears are growing very large and stalking and killing animals.

Bear attacks used to be mauling's, now they are feedings.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 2:46 pm

Polar Bears have been found to be a genetic sub population of the Brown Bears. And yes, they are one of the few animals that actively hunt people. They're in no danger, we are.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 8:08 pm

If the mainstream media, the government, or scientists that are funded, say anything, I have been alive long enough to have learnt that the complete opposite of what they claim is generally the truth.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2015, 10:25 pm

But what if the Polar Bears wipe out all the Penguins ???