Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 6:12 pm

........you heard when you mistook the lead singer for the opposite gender? The first time I heard "Fly By Night" by Rush, I was all "What a kick-@$$ chick rock song" but I did feel kinda silly figuring out the lead singer of Rush was a guy (Geddy Lee). After that, I got into Rush's music.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 7:01 pm

Not me personally, but a friend of mine thought the vocalist for the Violent Femmes had a pretty hot voice for a girl.
Almost hated to tell him that Gordon Gano is a guy.
Almost.

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jan 2007, 6:00 am

I thought the guy from Sigur Ros was a girl, my first time listening to their Ágætis Byrjun album. Thats the only one I can remember off-hand.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2007, 5:42 pm

I saw Placebo video for "Nancy Boy" and spent the whole time i was watching it trying to figure out whether the lead singer Brian Molko was a Girl or a Boy, i eventually gave up and asked my sister who informed me, to my surprise, that he was Male, i was leaning towards Female.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 4:31 pm

3 Inches of Blood. I thought the lead singer was a man when really she's a woman, but then it IS super-screamy singing. (I think of them as a parody of other black metal, death metal, extreme metal, etc. bands.)

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 6:32 pm

MelancholyBunny wrote:
I saw Placebo video for "Nancy Boy" and spent the whole time i was watching it trying to figure out whether the lead singer Brian Molko was a Girl or a Boy, i eventually gave up and asked my sister who informed me, to my surprise, that he was Male, i was leaning towards Female.

The only Placebo song i've heard is "Infra-Red" and the leader singer doesn't sound that feminine on that song. But then again, i've never even heard "Nancy Boy".

AspicViper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2007, 4:55 pm

I used to always think Cher was a man.