Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

SpiderFan14
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2013, 7:09 pm

The thanksgiving episode was THE WORST episode so far!

It was all over the place mood wise. The Winger family dinner didn't know if it was going to be funny or sad and all the jokes fell very very flat. It was very unpleasant to watch, especially the half-brother of Jeff's. He was just so damn annoying! And it felt like it was a story that was written on one go and never sent in for quality inspection. The only ok parts were the dinner at Shirley's but even then it felt forced (not to mention cheap, we only got the front entry and garage) but the house did look nice.

And another thing, what happened to Jeff's mom? You would think she would've been mentioned at all in this ep.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

09 Mar 2013, 10:30 am

What the beep is going on?! First day if school followed by Halloween?( a month or two missing) a history class AND a real teacher? Thanksgiving without Shirley's kids? Not a single shot of Shirley's new job? okay where are the cameras I must be on plunked....please let me be punked....

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 5:19 pm

I'm a huge fan of Community, and so far, I feel like something has been missing from S4. The show could survive the loss of Chevy Chase, I think, but the loss of both Chase and the show's creator is, I think, a deathblow. I do feel sad about it, but I also have to think back to one of my other favorite shows, Scrubs. Community can't extend the community college format past this season. Once Scrubs moved out of the hospital, once it lost its main backdrop, we were offered up what was, without a doubt, the worst season of the show. It was no longer Scrubs. I don't want to lose Community, but once the cast graduates, will it really be Community anymore?

I was prepared from the getgo for Season 4 to be the last. I just wish it was shaping up to be a better season.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

seems real funny, hulu plus actavated, time for a obsessive-watching marathon!

ElsieKrys
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2013, 2:03 am

Season four is definitely my least favorite season so far. Having said that, while none of the episodes this season have made it onto my favorite episodes list, none of them have made it onto my least favorite episode list. I've read some spoilers though that suggest some exciting stuff in upcoming episodes so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they can pull it off.

Out of curiosity, what are everyone's favorite episodes?
Mine (in no particular order) are:
-Remedial Chaos Theory
-Contemporary American Poultry
-Paradigms of Human Memory
-Epidemiology
-Mixology Certification
-For a Few Paintballs More

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2013, 4:24 pm

Pleased to see some love for Community on these boards. I think Abed is a far more likeable character than BBT's Sheldon. I'm still enjoying the current episodes and I hope that it does manage to get a 5th season.

SpiderFan14
Raven
Raven

05 Jun 2013, 10:25 am

well, Dan Harmon is back on board for season five. Will it be a saving grace or a too little too late type of deal?

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2013, 5:48 pm

SpiderFan14 wrote:
well, Dan Harmon is back on board for season five. Will it be a saving grace or a too little too late type of deal?

I'll definitely start watching it again. Community is probably my favorite comedy of recent years but It never felt the same without him.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 12:11 am

I'm cautiously optimistic. I do think the show got a little too weird in the second half of the third season (especially with the Chang stuff), but Dan did admit that was the worst part of his run. And while season 4 had its moments, overall the show just didn't feel right - the characters seemed really watered-down, and the attempts at recreating the show's signature meta humor and TV/movie homages mostly felt forced and over-the-top. I think it can only go uphill from here.

That said, I am glad that Dan says he isn't going to dismiss season 4 as "just a dream" or anything like that. That type of thing has been done to death, and I think it's best to treat it as part of the show's continuity in spite of its uneven quality. What I *could* see working is another "Paradigms of Human Memory" type of episode where we see an alternate Dan Harmon-ized take on the events of season 4.

PwoperNereguar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jan 2016, 10:41 am

My second favourite show. Seasons 1-3 were just perfect, with the last three seasons dropping in quality but still being great. Unlike people earlier in this thread, I liked the convention episode. The guest character that played the Aspergers supremacist character felt like some people I've met with Aspergers who think they're better than neurotypical people.

But, while my favourite part of the show is how relatable Abed is, it's still perfect for pretty much everything else. Dry and witty, with good character development (Troy growing into a man, Pierce becoming wiser and Jeff becoming a more welcoming, loving person. It needs to be watched by everybody.