Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 8:34 pm

I take a bath, at least once a day. I do so, twice a day, if I can. I like to keep myself nice and clean. I have to.

You?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 8:39 pm

At least once a day as well.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 8:52 pm

hmmm...whenever i feel like it. in other words i don't take baths often. maybe every...three or four days

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 8:53 pm

Cockney Rebel I think you have been reading my mind. I have been wondering this about others myself. See the hot water has been out since Tuesday at my apartment. I asked several neighbors and nobody else had noticed because they hadn't tried to take a bath. So I kinda think I am only one in these parts that bathes daily. I have to bathe. Its just disgusting to think about going to bed dirty with dirty hair and all. One of my old girlfriends would only bathe every 4th day because she swore it dried her skin out. Isn't that what moisturizing soap and lotion is for??

I'm beginning to think I only want to hang out with other Aspies just over the cleanliness issue. No wonder a lot of NT's smell bad.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 9:00 pm

Depends on the weather and my activity level. In the summer, no matter what I'm doing or not doing, I bathe once or twice a day. IN the winter I bathe less, especially if I'm not doing much. If I'm at home, I might sit around in pj's.
I think bathing for the most part is cultural. I know people from certain countries that believe daily bathing is dangerous and unhealthy. I dated a middle eastern man who wouldn't use deodorant but bathed 5 times a day.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 9:01 pm

I have to take a bath/shower every day myself.
It's like a morning ritual.
If i don't i wil feel like i'm not truely out of bed, and usually won't dress without having showered.
I would feel verry dirty starting my day without bathing properly.
Usually if i've worked hard and want to go to my gf or something i wil take another shower to get totally clean again.

There are some people who don't shower daily and you notice it straight away.
It's not verry enjoyable. to be around those people.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 9:07 pm

I was wondering this myself. I generally shower every day, and HAVE showered more often, and I wash my hands when I go to the restroom. I generally try to exit using my elbow, or leg. HECK, I EVEN try to use a purell type lotion after shaking hands, except I do that discreetly.

Having said that, there ARE some cases like a few days over the past 2 weeks because my leg was in such sorry shape(You would not BELIEVE how much walking I had to do over the past week with a very sore leg, and a knee that didn't flex much.), or a couple times because I was so involved I lost so much track of time, but those events probably added up to a couple weeks in my entire life. Also, they weren't times when I was going out.

Steve

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 9:18 pm

This probably reflects some on the person's post about hormone levels and Aspergers tomboys. If I exercise I instantly smell like a horse, I have high testosterone levels for a woman according to doc. So I will shower after exercising if I am going to go out afterwards and then when I get back home I will shower again because I think its disturbing to have to go to bed dirty. I'm weird I know.

I use a paper towel to open restroom doors after I've washed my hands. I also take hand sanitizer into restaurants.

At work we have electronic hand sanitizer thingies. The dispenser has motion sensor so if you wave anything underneath it squirts a jet of Purell sanitizer. Obviously, this is an Aspie invention. :D

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 9:37 pm

Ticker wrote:
This probably reflects some on the person's post about hormone levels and Aspergers tomboys. If I exercise I instantly smell like a horse, I have high testosterone levels for a woman according to doc. So I will shower after exercising if I am going to go out afterwards and then when I get back home I will shower again because I think its disturbing to have to go to bed dirty. I'm weird I know.

Nope, I've done that also!(Showered several times a day because I didn't feel clean enough.) I HAVE met some women that REALLY have this problem, so I doubt it can all be blamed on testosterone! Even "secret" deoderant changed their tagline. It USED to be "Strong enough for a man, but made for women"! NOW, it is "Strong enough for a woman".

Steve

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 10:33 pm

I could not date a woman who does not wash herself at least once a day.

Tim

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 05 Jan 2007, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 10:52 pm

every 2-3 days.

AspicViper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2007, 12:03 am

If I could I would live in a bathtub or shower... Not because I worry about being clean but because I like the sound and feel of the water.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2007, 12:04 am

AspicViper wrote:
If I could I would live in a bathtub or shower... Not because I worry about being clean but because I like the sound and feel of the water.

LOL!! !!

Tim

06 Jan 2007, 12:28 am

I take a shower everynight.

Mnemosyne
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2007, 1:20 am

At least once a day. Many days it's two or three times a day. And I'm a bit of an obsessive hand-washer too. Thanks to all of this, I have really dry skin.

Showering/bathing also helps me calm down and relax. If I'm stressed out, I shower the first chance I get when I get home.

Eyphur
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2007, 2:02 am

I prefer twice a day, usually a shower in the morning and a bath at night to relax.