Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 7:41 pm

It's hard to say. Having a diagnosis means that they can't fire you because of your Asperger's. However, many companies will attempt to use some of excuse to get rid of you if they don't like you anyway (if they don't like you, then usually it is a matter of time before they will come up with an excuse, diagnosis or without it). In such a case you can claim it was unfair dismissal if you did have the diagnosis and take it to court.

If this is the way that they are acting now - if I were you, I would already be searching for a new job.
It seems like a matter of time before they try to get rid of you from this one.

Yes, I mean that exactly. You're best to avoid those, they can be very difficult to recover from 100%.

Feel free to start a new thread - in the womens discussion or in the in depth adult discussion forum.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2013, 7:45 pm

Autistic girls are made from diamond! What kind of guy doesn't like a girl he can relate to?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 9:24 am

I can relate to part of it. I feel that quite a few women on the spectrum have endured sexual abuse and end up withdrawn from men altogether because they want to protect themselves. Avoidance is what you do when you don't know "how" to protect yourself. An alcoholic can't touch booze at all because for them there is no such thing as limitation or boundaries with this substance. They are powerless over the substance whereas aspies are powerless in NT situations. They're an easy mark for any predator. Many aspies lack boundaries so they put up walls to be able to survive the social part of life itself. I've spent most of my life feeling like a raw nerve.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 9:47 am

What are they made of? No idea, but I know some are made of something worth more than gold.

alhna
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 May 2013, 10:43 pm

Well, the sample was so little, you could think they didn't want to get any result with women. Probably they weren't even diferent enough to make a good sample. As in my case, I have of course a lot of problems, but I recently finished university (with grades increasing a lot after my diagnosis), currently work at something I like, and though I'm not in a formal relationship, I think men won't be such a big issue from now on (uni ate my whole life, so goodbye classroom, hello humans! didn't know you were there, how you doing?). I've met men and women with AS, and most of them seem to have a somehow normal life, with grade studies, and at least a little group of close people. I haven't find diferences between male and female AS. Of course problems are somehow diferent, but at the end, there's a lot more than just the diagnosis to define how well you'll do in life.