Wanna make friends - Need to practice social skills

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2013, 6:54 pm

Hey, I'm a gamer/anime-nerd/general nerd. I'm a bit short on loyal friends right now, and basically no one contacts me first (I'm always contacting them, and then they seem busy.). My therapist says I need to work on not sounding so negative and "shutting down conversations," but he didn't really elaborate, at all.

So if you're spectrum or NT or alien, feel free to PM me. If you have an IM of sorts, that works fine, too, just PM me first. I would hope I can make some open-minded friends who are relatively into what I'm into (Or just friendly to anything.), that will also help point out when I'm killing conversations. XD

Also, one day I plan on starting a small gaming guild/community of my own (Not necessarily just for gamers, though.), so if you're interested, that's another reason to think about becoming my friend. It doesn't exist yet, as I really have no one who was interested in starting it with me. Not sure if this is appropriate to post in the same thread, but, hey, here it is: my future plan, because I'm a gamer (For reference, it would be an invite-only guild.).

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

What sorts of games/anime are you into, specifically? U:

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2013, 7:33 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
What sorts of games/anime are you into, specifically? U:

Heh, generally any. Though sports I have very little experience in, if that's your type of game (I haven't played a sports game since 95, though my cousin is trying to get me back into it.)

If it gives you an idea: Currently playing Ratchet & Clank HD (Loved it on PS2, I didn't need trophies to motivate me to play it again.)
Next: One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Finish Demon's Souls, take Firefight mode on Halo 3 ODST online finally. After that, I can't really decide between 3D Dot Game Heroes or finishing up Assassin's Creed Revolutions so I can rent the third (And be done with the frigging series, basically.).

As for anime, I like anything that isn't bland. When I say anime, I include manga. I like things ranging from light-hearted like Fruits Basket and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, to stuff like Luficer and the Biscuit Hammer, Elfen Lied or Eden. And of course, I like shonen like Hunter X Hunter, One Piece (Obviously, if I'm playing the game. =P), Naruto and Toriko. And to be more specific, things like Bleach got boring for me, and I could never get into ecchi-focused series like Air Gear, though some make it into my list like Rave Master and Highschool of the Dead.

I'll stop there, before this gets too long. XD

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2013, 7:42 pm

ZpykeEboto wrote:
Highschool of the Dead

I haven't watched Highschool of the Dead, but whenever someone brings it up, I automatically think of this one GIF...

Welp, you seem pretty tight. I know this post was about getting people to contact you, but if you ever wanna talk, I'm open to it. Good luck.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2013, 11:23 am

I hope it's not too old a thread to bump, but I'm still looking for friends. Got a few replies, but I'm a social creature, and I'm still trying to make lots of friends.
And through me, maybe other people can make more friends themselves, etc. =D

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

Well - I'm always open to contact, but may not have too much in common with yourself

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2013, 1:01 am

I could tell you some cool stories about Insomniac games. Ever play Deadlocked?