Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 12:23 am

I have a new avatar photo. This is my actual piano. It is a Bradbury (New York) spinet piano made between 1935 and 1940 based on it's serial number. It was recently tuned and it sings very sweetly. :D My only sad thought is that the tuning pins are beginning to need to be replaced, and once it goes out of tune again if there are too many pins that will not hold tension for tuning the piano will have to be replaced. :cry: The tone and volume and range and everything is very nice. I am glad that I no longer have to avoid a bad note that was out of tune with itself because a tuning pin had slipped (and needed to be replaced with a bigger one).

Does anyone care to guess based on what they can make out of the music that is up what I am currently working on?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 2:28 am

The picture is too small for me to make out the sheet music :(. How long have you been playing?

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 7:39 am

I have been playing for 18 years. Currently up are 1 simple Beethoven piece and a Bach dance.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 7:41 am

The whole of my old piano was going out of tune, so we got a new electrical one. It must have been over 80 years old, the old one.
Nice one you have there :)