Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 4:47 am

It's episode about abducted by aliens human from XIX century Wild West

IMHO is on of the best episode.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 5:17 pm

How many Wild West–related episodes have there been across the whole Star Trek franchise? I can think of three, personally: Spectre of the Gun (TOS), A Fistful of Datas (TNG) and North Star (ENT). Any others? Seems almost comical that the American Wild West would have such a cosmic influence. Not bad! :wink:

On a different note, I think that one of the reasons that Star Trek struggles to appeal to an international audience is the fact that American history is so over-represented. Of course, the show is American so this isn't really surprising (nor, perhaps, unwarranted). But for a show that represents all of humanity in a more united future, I would personally appreciate a slightly less US-centric future ... including cowboys being abducted by aliens.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 6:25 pm

I think you mean North Star. That's the one where Archer and the crew discover an alien planet with humans from the old west and other aliens. Those aliens kidnapped the humans and years later the humans decendants have overthrown the aliens and mistreat them.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 6:25 pm

Murihiku wrote:
How many Wild West–related episodes have there been across the whole Star Trek franchise? I can think of three, personally: Spectre of the Gun (TOS), A Fistful of Datas (TNG) and North Star (ENT). Any others? Seems almost comical that the American Wild West would have such a cosmic influence. Not bad! :wink:

On a different note, I think that one of the reasons that Star Trek struggles to appeal to an international audience is the fact that American history is so over-represented. Of course, the show is American so this isn't really surprising (nor, perhaps, unwarranted). But for a show that represents all of humanity in a more united future, I would personally appreciate a slightly less US-centric future ... including cowboys being abducted by aliens.

North Star in my opinion is about vengeance and forgiveness. Showing human which was enslaved by aliens (The Skagrans) and rebelled and becoming oppressor of their former oppressor:-)

You can say it justice, but for how long and whether or not children should be responsible for the sins of their fathers.

Skagarans shuld of course blame themselves, but does their not deserve for forgiveness. I think Gene Roddenberry would be like this episode if he will still alive.