Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

WoodyAUS
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Feb 2013, 7:51 am

Hello all :)

Has anyone here successfully gained good self-employment, despite their AS? What were the failures and successes along the way?

Please share your experiences so as to help this one gain insight on how it is possible...

It will be greatly appreciated. :D

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 9:29 pm

What worked well for me when self-employed was to hire "front" people to work with clients and suppliers and so on. A project usually only required me to interact with clients 2 or 3 times. I could do ok with clients during like 2 or 3 one-hour sessions. Anything more than that and my learned social skills began to deteriorate.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 4:56 am

Not yet.. :lol: Definitely suffered some financial setbacks in the past due to adhd/as I didn't yet know I had.. but now that I know and am dealing with it, I'll better be able to set myself up for success the next go around whenever that opportunity presents itself.

I think many of us don't care for authority or corporate structure or the really ridiculously frustrating illogical way some NT's go about their work.. so there are a lot of entrepreneurs, serial entrepreneurs, or people wishing they did work for themselves. I'll have to remember to check in on this thread and see what others have done well, I might learn something that helps me out next attempt.