Today i playing beta version of new SimCity:-)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 6:05 pm

EA Launched Beta test of Polish language version of SimCity, i'm not get to first beta but today was big day.

I have one word for SimCity is AMAZING maybe map is to small and one hour of playing is definitely to short, i want more and more:-)

In this one hour i built thriving city, i made one small mistake i forgot about fire station so my city begin look like Rome during last year of reign of Caesar Nero, if you knew what i mean :D

But i rapier all damages and my city look amazing, but than one hour passed and all gone :(

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Feb 2013, 12:04 pm

Yeah, one hour is too short.

People over the 'Net have been posting cities with >= 100k people but I could barely fill half the map in one hour, & that was with me rushing against the clock.

It's definitely a simpler game than SimCity 4. It's not complex, but it's fun. I was reminded of SimCity 2000 more than SC4, so they're definitely taking influence from the legacy of the series.

Nonetheless a lot of my fears regarding SimCity 5 are gone. I just don't like the zone density thing. Plus that I can't run the game on "Ultra" on my PC because it's really GPU intensive. This is the kind of game you buy a 7950 (or the nvidia equivalent) to play.

It looks like I'll have a lot to do in the vanilla game. When modders get their hands on it, it's going to be even more fantastic.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

aleclair wrote:
Yes, one hour is too short.

People over the 'Net have been posting cities with >= 100k people but I could barely fill half the map in one hour, & that was with me rushing against the clock.

It's definitely a simpler game than SimCity 4. It's not complex, but it's fun. I was reminded of SimCity 2000 more than SC4, so they're definitely taking influence from the legacy of the series.

Nonetheless a lot of my fears regarding SimCity 5 are gone. I just don't like the zone density thing. Plus that I can't run the game on "Ultra" on my PC because it's really GPU intensive. This is the kind of game you buy a 7950 (or the nvidia equivalent) to play.

It looks like I'll have a lot to do in the vanilla game. When modders get their hands on it, it's going to be even more fantastic.

Yes, time limit it's suck, one hour is definitely too short for such great game, i will play whole game whole day when i get full version , my biggest have 4K.
I do not like to be rushed and because of my Asperger's, over every investment a long time to think, except my "investment" in the real world, such as the purchase of SimCity, but I could not resist the temptation was stronger :-)
Now I see it was worth it, I can not wait for March 7, then it will premiere in Poland.

As in your case, I feared that my GPU could not handle. I recently replaced the NVIDIA GT 440 1GB to 4 GB GT 630
I preferred to buy a better graphics card, but which my modest budget not allowed me to do so.
In SC4 i would simply type "weaknesspays" but that dosn't work in IRL :D