Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Do you think I am a savant? (Read below)
Yes 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
No 59%  59%  [ 10 ]
Maybe 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 17

MR TV
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2016, 5:53 pm

I wanted to send a longer message, but the keyboard at my place is screwed up. I've been researching savant syndrome on the internet and I'm reading a book about autism. I would say that, yes, based on what I've read and based on my experience that you are a savant. I have some of the same characteristics, including exceptional memory. What one psychologist told me is that people with autism often have a lot of things that they can't do for themselves. The brain doesn't waste any neurons, a neuron is too valuable to waste, so those neurons have to go somewhere. So the person ends up with an exceptional talent in one area, all the neurons that should be going to other tasks are going into this one area. Some savants have a talent that is developed to the level of genius. When I was a little kid, my mom picked up a hitchhiker and we gave him a ride to the drug store. After he left we talked to someone that worked there and he said the guy was a savant. He said he had a photographic memory and that he helped the other kids with their homework, because he had memorized the textbooks word for word. But there was a lot of stuff he couldn't do for himself, like when he bought something from the cashier, he couldn't count the change, he had to trust that they were giving him the right amount of money. I have the same thing, I have an exceptional memory, the story of meeting the savant guy, happened when I was about 8, that was decades ago and I still remember exactly what happened and what was said. I've often astonished my mom by being able to remember exact details of stuff that happened when I was a little kid, stuff she can barely remember, if at all. I can remember stuff that happened when I was 2 years old, 1 year old and even before that. Anyway, savant syndrome is something I'm interested in right now, so if anyone wants to chat with me about savant syndrome, you can contact me.