No-one wants to talk about the real scandal of our time

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 9:00 am

Tequila wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Yeah, but I doubt that many died of neglect at any one location over here in the same time-span.
Besides, your beloved NHS is supposed to be so superior that it prevents that.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

He's Portuguese, not British. No NHS for him.

While I'm about it: how much does a box of Manná Pate de Sardinha cost? We've near run out and I was wondering if the Portuguese gent knows how must it costs. Depending on his answer (and if he agrees) I'd like to buy some off him, postage costs dependent.

Yes, I'm quite serious. On a thread about the state of the UK NHS, I'm asking a Portuguese man about the price of sardine paté in Portugal.

We have a NHS and the last time I saw a ranking we had the 12th best health system in the world. Pretty good for a country like Portugal. But we're geting worse because of senseless austerity.

I realy don't know if you're joking, but anyway I'll respond suposing you're not. One can of 100 g of sardine paté costs about 1 euro, or 0.85 pounds. But the postal prices (10-15 euros or more) and the bank transference prices (15-20 euros) obliterate the savings, if there are any. So the only way it would be possible to do it is if it was very large amount of sardine paté, something I'm not interested in carrying to the post office. Sorry.

To Raptor: Your country, with the largest economy in the world, ranked 32nd in the WHO ranking of health systems, while we ranked 12th, so I rest my case.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 9:21 am

ModusPonens wrote:
We have a NHS

So do many Northern European countries. It's not the NHS of England though, which is sort of the point. Not all NHS services are the same. (There are separate NHS organisations for Scotland or NI.)

ModusPonens wrote:
I realy don't know if you're joking, but anyway I'll respond suposing you're not. One can of 100 g of sardine paté costs about 1 euro, or 0.85 pounds. But the postal prices (10-15 euros or more) and the bank transference prices (15-20 euros) obliterate the savings, if there are any. So the only way it would be possible to do it is if it was very large amount of sardine paté, something I'm not interested in carrying to the post office. Sorry.

I was drunk, but serious. The last time we bought some, it was from a fella who is very often in Portugal and loves the stuff himself. Particularly that Manná one though. :)

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm

Tequila wrote:
ModusPonens wrote:
We have a NHS

So do many Northern European countries. It's not the NHS of England though, which is sort of the point. Not all NHS services are the same. (There are separate NHS organisations for Scotland or NI.)

What's your point? I'm not geting it.