Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2020, 6:13 pm

Tyler Durden from Fight Club.

Charismatic, silver-tongued, and knows how to get inside the heads of people with great ease.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

03 Sep 2021, 12:49 pm

Ethan from Aspergers Ethan. The title of the series suggests he has Aspergers but also there are some instances where he is also a sociopath like when he said everyone deserved to have a mental breakdown and when he gave his mom a foot massage and almost broke her toe :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 1:22 pm

persian85033 wrote:
I find them intriguing, too. They're much more interesting. Usually, it's the villains whom I like most. [...]
Agreed.  These quotes sum it up nicely...

"That's the problem with heroes, really.  Their only purpose in life is to thwart others.  They make no plans, develop no strategies.  They react instead of act.  Without villains, heroes would stagnate.  Without heroes, villains would be running the world.  Heroes have morals.  Villains have work ethic." -- Narration from The Last Avengers Story

"Villains are much more pro-active than heroes.  Heroes, by their nature, are purely reactionary forces.  The villain is, in all ways, an agent of change -- a catalyst." -- Black Mage from Eight Bit Theater

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 2:04 pm

I dont like sociopathic characters on TV because 99% of the time the way they are written has nothing to do with actual sociopathy. Or should I say "anti-social personality disorder." TV always warps reality. :nerdy:

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 4:09 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
[...] TV always warps reality.
The idea is to be entertaining, not informative.

Consider these two plot synopses:

1) Jake, the hero, plans and prepares for a suspected home invasion.  One day, Sam, the sociopathic villain, tries to invade Jake's home.  Jake notifies the police, and watches as they catch and arrest Sam.  He later witnesses Sam being tried, convicted, sentenced, and incarcerated.  Jake chills out on the patio as the closing credits roll and the screen fades to black.

2) Jake, the hero, is sleeping peacefully in his bed when his home is invaded by Sam, the sociopathic villain, who beats Jake to a pulp, ties him up, ransacks the house, and starts a fire just before fleeing with the goods.  Jake survives, vows revenge, and finally confronts Sam in a dingy warehouse where their fight ignites flammable materials.  Just as the fight reaches its climax, the roof caves in, and Jake barely escapes with his life.  Sam's remains are never found, and it is assumed that he was thoroughly cremated in the fire.  Jake chills out on the patio as the closing credits roll.  Once the last credit rolls off the screen, Jake receives a text...

"I'M ALIVE."

... and the screen fades to black.

Now, which of these two scenarios would be more entertaining: The hero's passive preparations successfully thwarting the villain, or the the villain provoking the hero into taking action that promises even more action in the sequel?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 7:29 am

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
[...] TV always warps reality.
The idea is to be entertaining, not informative.

Consider these two plot synopses:

1) Jake, the hero, plans and prepares for a suspected home invasion.  One day, Sam, the sociopathic villain, tries to invade Jake's home.  Jake notifies the police, and watches as they catch and arrest Sam.  He later witnesses Sam being tried, convicted, sentenced, and incarcerated.  Jake chills out on the patio as the closing credits roll and the screen fades to black.

2) Jake, the hero, is sleeping peacefully in his bed when his home is invaded by Sam, the sociopathic villain, who beats Jake to a pulp, ties him up, ransacks the house, and starts a fire just before fleeing with the goods.  Jake survives, vows revenge, and finally confronts Sam in a dingy warehouse where their fight ignites flammable materials.  Just as the fight reaches its climax, the roof caves in, and Jake barely escapes with his life.  Sam's remains are never found, and it is assumed that he was thoroughly cremated in the fire.  Jake chills out on the patio as the closing credits roll.  Once the last credit rolls off the screen, Jake receives a text...

"I'M ALIVE."

... and the screen fades to black.

Now, which of these two scenarios would be more entertaining: The hero's passive preparations successfully thwarting the villain, or the the villain provoking the hero into taking action that promises even more action in the sequel?

Well how about this. I also dont like the worship of sociopathic characters on TV because they encourage some people to be sociopath wannabes.

You have young people today like that guy James Holmes who worshipped The Joker and decided to shoot up a movie theater in Colorodo and people are wondering why our society is rotting from the inside out? :roll:

♤ The Military