Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Goshey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2013, 9:08 pm

I feel I am near the end... I don't see any point in competing to live I'd rather suffer a death than suffer for life why must the world be so controlled I wish man never existed so that the earth could be left alone and not ruined by modern day materialism and selfishness
my mum tells me I'm selfish for wanting to die. I don't see it that way.
how is it selfish to want nothing but happiness for you and everyone around you
all I can say is I'm close to killing myself I feel this is the only way.

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2013, 9:19 pm

Why is it the only way?

Goshey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2013, 9:23 pm

well in a world like this you don't decide what you do without boundaries and control

Goshey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2013, 9:23 pm

I've tried being nice I've tried doing what everyone else wanted but it's not what I want

kirostun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2013, 10:41 pm

I see human life like a game, where some people has exp boost and others don't. You have to do extra effort to get what others can easily achieve. I mean you can have everything you want but it will take some time and even pain. It is unfair but that is how the game is set. And its the only game you can play.
Imagine if you beat the game with no boosts, no cheats, should feel good.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2013, 10:58 pm

I'm sure there are people who will miss you.

[preachy]And don't forget god loves you.[/preachy]

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2013, 11:33 pm

Goshey wrote:
my mum tells me I'm selfish for wanting to die. I don't see it that way.
how is it selfish to want nothing but happiness for you and everyone around you
all I can say is I'm close to killing myself I feel this is the only way.

Killing yourself will make the people that know you, very very sad. That's why she said it's selfish.
There must be something you enjoy doing. I look at your profile. so I know you're 19. You are old enough now to do whatever you want. Don't expect instant gratification but go after whatever you want and the journey will be well worth it. In the mean time, I'm sure there's some other thing/s you can find to make life more enjoyable.

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2013, 11:40 pm

You have the rest of your life ahead of you, think about it. You're still young, if you try to succeed out there, you'll do fine.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 10:03 am

Laying aside any spiritual belief's for a moment, the only thing actually in control is nature. And sooner or later it's going to kick humanities *ss.

And if society is incapable of managing life, it doesn't mean you can't live as nature intended and enjoy what you can and preserve what you can.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

Hi Goshey you've only just joined us I see. Please stay with us and talk to us as most of us are perfectly aware of the shortcomings in the world around us but strive to make it better. When you are young, everything seems overwhelming. Rather live to make a difference in every small way you can. Be glad you were not around in a more intolerant era like the mid 20th century - nowadays its much easier to be yourself.

*I've tried being nice I've tried doing what everyone else wanted but it's not what I want*

What is it you really want? I cn see you're a deep thinker who cares about what really matters and is not into shallow material things. So don't waste that brain of yours. Use it to make a positive difference!

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 7:27 pm

Goshey wrote:
well in a world like this you don't decide what you do without boundaries and control

The sooner you can make peace with the fact that the only thing you will ever control is your own attitude, the happier you will be.

PS

Thanks to AS I am a social cripple and outcast... On top of that, at the moment I'm a near paraplegic and I'm most likely about to lose my job. In spite of this, I am not going to off myself. I'm going to bear this with grace and do whatever I can to get by, because that is what life demands at the moment.

.... I mean far be it from me to tell anybody to suck it up........ but suck it up. :wink: :P

LizNY
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2013, 12:05 pm

The thing is...suicide hurts the people who truly care about you and means nothing to the people who hurt you.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

There is always time to think things over. There is always time to move on. There will always be new chances. You can always improve yourself. Things aren't as bad as they seem, you just have to find new opportunities. You can always monitor yourself and make sure you are a person you can live with. Don't use suicide as an excuse for not taking control of yourself, your life, and your attitude.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 5:47 pm

Goshey wrote:
I've tried being nice I've tried doing what everyone else wanted but it's not what I want

The truth is in these words. Suicide is not an option, so do realize that you should go and get what you want. Chances are what you want is the same thing that others want.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 2:30 pm

it is selfish, but if that's what you want to be...it is nothing but your choice. To stay for others is pointless. It us your life, and nothing but your life.

Life is a comparison whether the idealist want to recognize it or not,you just have to decide who to compare to.

I'm not saying go kill yourself. It's not my choice. I can only say that the value of your human life is yours to decide alone. Don;t let anyone tell you otherwise.

You were born alone and learned to follow the rules of the ones who gave because they had to, and you will die alone. You must live alone and live for you alone.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2013, 5:02 pm

I remember feeling the way you do when I was your age.
I am very glad I did not act on those feelings, because I would have missed so many wonderful times.
It may not seem so at the moment, but you can find a way of life that suits you, and if you wish play a part in changing the wrongs of the world.