Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

norintha
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2013, 2:19 pm

Im a 17 year old girl with aspergers and ADHD. Normally when it comes to emotions Ive been alright most of my life I guess. But suddenly for the past few years I have been getting angrier easier and crying for no reason. Now ill just randomly snap at people for saying things that I know shouldn't bother me. They may be a little irritating but nothing that should put me in a rage like it does now. And I just had a nervous breakdown and started crying for really no reason at all. It seems like the slightest irritation will either set me off into a rampage, bust out crying, or just start screaming. Do I have depression? Can somebody please shed a little light on this? Im so confused...

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 2:40 pm

If you're concerned about what you're experiencing, you could go to your parents or a doctor, but I remember when I was that age it was HORMONE WAR and my emotions were everywhere, and I was crying at nothing and yelling at my family and friends. It calmed down eventually.

But if you want to feel safe, ask a doctor.

(PS my signature says I'm transgender but I did go through female puberty)

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 4:06 pm

Dots wrote:
If you're concerned about what you're experiencing, you could go to your parents or a doctor, but I remember when I was that age it was HORMONE WAR and my emotions were everywhere, and I was crying at nothing and yelling at my family and friends. It calmed down eventually.

I concur, out of control hormones is the first thing I thought of.

norintha
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2013, 7:57 pm

hyksos55 wrote:
Dots wrote:

I concur, out of control hormones is the first thing I thought of.

I thought hormones too. But its getting worse and also my mom is INSISTING that I take depression medicine. (although I have done that once before and it didn't work. If anything it only screwed things up) I didn't know if she may be right or not. And thank you guys. Im glad to get second opinions :)

Sarah81
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm

When I have a mood episode either mania or depression, my emotions are much more intense and difficult to manage. My emotions can also be affected by my (female) hormones. To round off the triangle, my moods can also be affected by my hormones.

Being bipolar, if I take antidepressants without a mood stabiliser, they can trigger a manic or depressive episode. If I come off them abruptly, a mood episode can be triggered.

I'm not saying that you have bipolar - you would need other signs and symptoms for that to be the case.