(AS) Having severe issues dealing with stupid ppl.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jatruthforever
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2013, 7:07 pm

Please bare with me this is going to come off as a rant but I really have to get this out and my intentions are good. Does anyone else have issues dealing with stupid people? All my life ive had to deal with stupid people giving me shyt for no reason, in my home, at school, at work everywhere. My mom is pretty dumb she basically ignored all of my symptoms as a kid and when teachers expressed concerns, that I was very intelligent but was unfocused and zoning out alot she would just make me switch schools and blame the teachers. Her and my stepdad would treat me like shyt they'd go out and have fun and leave me to do all these dishes and cut the grass every 3 days and if I didnt id get my azz beat by my stepdad while my mom was watching tv, they said this was because I wasnt "participating" in the family. Public school was hell, from elementary school to high school people would fck with me just because I was introverted,and had all these strange interests. For instance in elementary school I was absolutely obsessed with Dinosaurs and the Animal kingdom I would read these huge books and bring them to school just for shyts and giggles. In Middle school I was focused on Astronomy and UFO's, I got accused of "being white" and an uncle tom just because I had these interests, I started getting bullied by lil wayne worshippers nothing serious I just got biched alot and embarrased. Finally I got to high school and by this time I was completely isolated,the few friends I had in middle school had conformed but I had stayed true to myself and they ignored me. I wanted to die so bad in hs, people would accuse me of being a serial killer, gay, crazy, ret*d, it wasnt until I was an upperclassmen I had made a few friends but still I had major issues with self confidence.

Now im an adult and I dont give af what anyone thinks about me, which is a great start I guess. However, I still have to deal with stupid people who have absolutely no interest in digging into why I come off as "different" they make wild speculations about me and it pisses me off. Ive had so many jobs in the past 4years and few I stayed with more then 6months, I had to deal with the same bs people accusing me of being lazy, always asking me "whats wrong?" because they claim im frowning or whatever when thats just my face. I dont hate anyone, I hold no prejudice everyone starts out with benifit of the doubt I view people as individuals. But in my life ive seen it all when it comes to stupid people, race and creed has nothing to do with it, ive experienced stupid black people, white people, Mexicans, Hipsters, not so many asians, but you name it and ive seen it. Idk what im trying to say, I guess I just hate having to deal with this bs, I dont want these people to die or wish them harm I just wish they'd stfu and worry about themselves. Thats all...

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 7:45 pm

I don't hate stupid people - I suppose most of them can't help it. But they do make me crazy. I wish I could live in a cabin in the mountains, or on an island, or something, away from all the idiots.

I'm the rare hyperlexic aspie, and I did incredibly well in English in high school. I even got a waiver to take 11th-12th grade English courses as a freshman. But the state required I take freshman English as well, and I was bored nearly to death. So I managed to work it out so I had independent study for that class. Now, I'd get my assignment for the week, wait until the night before it was due, dash it off, turn it in, and get an A. Every week. And I overheard the teacher in the teacher's lounge complaining because she was working so hard and spending so much time coming up with assignments which would "challenge" me. :lol: She was nice enough, but I nearly lost my mind trying to deal with her. And she wasn't the worst by any means - just the funniest.

From your post, it doesn't sound as if you're lazy - but I suspect a lot of what people are saying is "lazy" is really the result of issues with your 'executive function'. Since I was never diagnosed (when I grew up, no one had any idea there were autistic people who knew how to talk), I never learned how to cope with them, and I've had to work out what I could for myself. If you weren't given any help with that, or the help you were given wasn't very good (not hard to imagine, given the number of stupid people running around ;) ) then you're going to have a lot of problems - I even had problems trying to get things done I wanted to do. Just a thought, in case it helps.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 8:11 pm

Being abused and bullied makes people angry and suicidal. I should know. I went through the worst of times and somehow survived. It seems now that living alone is the only way I'll achieve peace.

Jatruthforever

21 Feb 2013, 10:16 pm

theWanderer wrote:
I don't hate stupid people - I suppose most of them can't help it. But they do make me crazy. I wish I could live in a cabin in the mountains, or on an island, or something, away from all the idiots.

I'm the rare hyperlexic aspie, and I did incredibly well in English in high school. I even got a waiver to take 11th-12th grade English courses as a freshman. But the state required I take freshman English as well, and I was bored nearly to death. So I managed to work it out so I had independent study for that class. Now, I'd get my assignment for the week, wait until the night before it was due, dash it off, turn it in, and get an A. Every week. And I overheard the teacher in the teacher's lounge complaining because she was working so hard and spending so much time coming up with assignments which would "challenge" me. :lol: She was nice enough, but I nearly lost my mind trying to deal with her. And she wasn't the worst by any means - just the funniest.

From your post, it doesn't sound as if you're lazy - but I suspect a lot of what people are saying is "lazy" is really the result of issues with your 'executive function'. Since I was never diagnosed (when I grew up, no one had any idea there were autistic people who knew how to talk), I never learned how to cope with them, and I've had to work out what I could for myself. If you weren't given any help with that, or the help you were given wasn't very good (not hard to imagine, given the number of stupid people running around ;) ) then you're going to have a lot of problems - I even had problems trying to get things done I wanted to do. Just a thought, in case it helps.

Im gifted in Reading comprehension too, at least I was. I was placed in AP and honors English but my depression, anxiety, and AS fcked it all up. I guess the only remedy is withdrawing from society it would be cool to buy land build a solar powered cabin maybe find a girl down with the agrarian lifestyle so I won't be lonely, but that's easier said then done lmao.

Jatruthforever

21 Feb 2013, 10:25 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Being abused and bullied makes people angry and suicidal. I should know. I went through the worst of times and somehow survived. It seems now that living alone is the only way I'll achieve peace.

Some people are dictated by animalistic instinct instead of reason, logic, and conscience. Some of them can change I've seen it happen so I haven't given up faith entirely.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 10:38 pm

Jatruthforever wrote:
I got accused of "being white" and an uncle tom just because I had these interests

I've been through that one. My own dad called me an uncle tom. It is seriously messed up and nauseating that people think books, school, and education are only for one group of people, and anyone else who likes those thing hates themselves and is trying to be another race. The irony is that they are actually the ones who hate themselves. Their minds are poisoned by internalized racism to believe that they must be ignorant in order to show some sort of warped racial pride. The double irony is that you can never explain that to them because they are too uneducated to understand it.

Quote:
people accusing me of being lazy,

Is that because you work fast and actually focus on the work instead of chattering, so you get the job done so fast and easily that it looks like you aren't really trying?

Quote:
always asking me "whats wrong?" because they claim im frowning or whatever when thats just my face.

lol, that's me too. I don't know what to tell you except try not to think about it too much. I have something like a minor psychological complex about it now. I worry what my face looks like, struggle to make a face that looks neutral to people, and still fail at it because worrying about it causes me to make a worried face. They don't know what a thinking face looks like because they don't think and probably don't hang out with people who do think.

Anyways, my solution is to try to move away where there are very little people, or a nice town where most people are educated, like a college town for example. I don't know if that can work for you short-term or long-term, but if you live near a ghetto like I do, get away ASAP.

Jatruthforever

21 Feb 2013, 10:47 pm

starkid wrote:
Jatruthforever wrote:
I got accused of "being white" and an uncle tom just because I had these interests

I've been through that one. My own dad called me an uncle tom. It is seriously messed up and nauseating that people think books, school, and education are only for one group of people, and anyone else who likes those thing hates themselves and is trying to be another race. The irony is that they are actually the ones who hate themselves. Their minds are poisoned by internalized racism to believe that they must be ignorant in order to show some sort of warped racial pride. The double irony is that you can never explain that to them because they are too uneducated to understand it.

Quote:
people accusing me of being lazy,

Is that because you work fast and actually focus on the work instead of chattering, so you get the job done so fast and easily that it looks like you aren't really trying?
Quote:
always asking me "whats wrong?" because they claim im frowning or whatever when thats just my face.

lol, that's me too. I don't know what to tell you except try not to think about it too much. I have something like a minor psychological complex about it now. I worry what my face looks like, struggle to make a face that looks neutral to people, and still fail at it because worrying about it causes me to make a worried face. They don't know what a thinking face looks like because they don't think and probably don't hang out with people who do think.

Anyways, my solution is to try to move away where there are very little people, or a nice town where most people are educated, like a college town for example. I don't know if that can work for you short-term or long-term, but if you live near a ghetto like I do, get away ASAP.

Im working on a farm right now in Georgia after im done I want to move to Washington or Colorado. Please don't judge me but I love weed it really opened my 3rd eye im way more spiritual now, Im through smoking illegally I don't want to get raped in jail. The only people who accept me for who I am are stoners.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 10:52 pm

lol I don't care that you smoke weed, but I hope the stoners really accept you for who you are and not just because they are too high to care about anything.

Jatruthforever

22 Feb 2013, 8:52 pm

starkid wrote:
lol I don't care that you smoke weed, but I hope the stoners really accept you for who you are and not just because they are too high to care about anything.

Your from the Bay Area I missed that lol. But yeah it's probably because the only time nt people want to talk about philosophy and the universe is when theyre stoned.