Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 10:58 am

I was really getting into a woman on OkCupid, but then she finally informs me she is married. She listed herself as single. This really ticked me off; I was starting to like her. I am totally not into dating somebody who is married.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:04 pm

Wow, maybe she is a polygamous or you should list in your profile you want someone who is single, not anyone who is married.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:16 pm

Wow that really does suck :(

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Wow, maybe she is a polygamous or you should list in your profile you want someone who is single, not anyone who is married.

She listed herself as single. I don't think she is into polyamory or polygamy. She said she will soon get a divorce -- but maybe she is just trying to get people to read her books. She is the author of Vampires of the Motor City -- but usually only women read erotic romance like that, and she lists as a straight woman looking for guys.

Last edited by Frieslander on 23 Feb 2013, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

happily married or I cant currently afford to get a divorce but my husband and I stopped loving each other years ago and havent been intimate since?

Two completely different things

I have a friend thats on the second situation right now. Apparently they share a mortgage and if they get divorced they have to sell the house and with the market condition and considering she has just given up on love they dont see a point for divorce right now

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 3:28 pm

^^^ That's what the legal term "SEPARATED" is for. It really is that simple. I'm not longer married and living with spouse, but divorce papers are not completed yet.

Simple. Honest.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 4:15 pm

I agree with BlueMax!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 5:25 pm

Frieslander wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

She listed herself as single. I don't think she is into polyamory or polygamy. She said she will soon get a divorce -- but maybe she is just trying to get people to read her books. She is the author of Vampires of the Motor City -- but usually only women read erotic romance like that, and she lists as a straight woman looking for guys.

I know she listed herself as single but sometimes you have to be more clear in your profile to avoid the same thing from happening again. Someone who lists themselves as single may see themselves as single because they are separated lets say or going through a divorce and to you that may be a deal breaker because they are still married. Having in your profile you want another single person, they see that and think they meet your criteria because of their own standards of the word single. I don't know if she separated or not or what her situation is.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.