Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 1:20 pm

The manager at Burger King is mad at me coming in for their 25c iced coffee. I heard her say in front of me to one of the other employees "this Motherf***er has come in like 4 times already and just got coffee." I bought some dollar burgers, too. I also (rather socially awkwardly, admittedly) when this lady wanted to give back her unbit sandwich she didn't like cuz it was like 1% more burnt than it should be, I kept asking "Can I have it?" as other times I've gotten free sandwiches and stuff that way. Plus, why waste food, you know? So when I asked, she loudly, like almost yelling was like "NO!" Today I got 2 coffees, one for me, one for my sister. She was like "You always come in for coffee now that it's 25c, but you never came in before when it was a dollar and change." And she also said "I'm gonna ban you from coming in." I don't know if she was joking. So I'll probably continue to get 25c coffee.

But am I being like a douchebag for buying coffee from a multinational corporation at cost, during a promotion where they're advertising it as such? Or is she just a very ill tempered old lady?

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 3:53 pm

Nah, she's being a dick. I've worked at a bunch of pizza places, we had plenty of customers who'd only come in when we had some promotion going on. It was never a problem, even for the owners.

What the hell does she think the promotion is for? If the only people who bought the 25c coffe were the ones who were already buying it, then why have the promotion in the first place?

I'd say stop going there, but that'd only make her happy. Instead, you should start buying even more coffee.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 5:29 pm

You can file a complaint on Burger King's website. The manager shouldn't have called you "Motherf***er".

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 5:51 pm

The manager is being dumb, IMO. If she doesn't want people only buying the 25 cent coffee, then she should change the policy to say "customers must buy at least $3 worth of other stuff in order to get the 25 cent coffee." Maybe she doesn't have control over that (orders from corporate per franchise contract), but in that case she should be griping at BK's executives to change the policy.

But also, how much money could she possibly be loosing because of one guy who buys lots of their on-sale coffee? They probably lose more $ from people taking more ketchup packets than they need and absent-mindedly throwing them in the trash. Obviously, the point of the cheap coffee is to try to get people to come in and buy a whole meal with it, but it's not like there's a 100 people every day doing that and possibly bankrupting the business.

I think also it's bad practice to gripe at any customer in front of other customers, especially over something that is not costing them much.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 11:19 pm

Reminds me of the funny looks I get at the cash when I take advantage of a $5 off scratch coupon a local auto parts store gives out. I buy a $5.19 oil filter and get it for .19+tax, then I get another and have mom do the same sometimes. The point is to encourge sales through a lost leader however i'm still following the rules they set for thenselves. They rip me off enough anyway as it is and their service is horrible so with the .19 filter I call it even. BK is a food outlet has really gone downhill, my expectations of them is very low if I give them a chance at all.

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2013, 2:44 am

Call corporate and complain. I don't understand why she's mad at you, not at the corporate if people buying coffee for 25 cents upsets her so much. and I'm sure you aren't the only one coming in for the promotion. The lady is being irrational and rude.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 9:02 am

1000Knives wrote:
. She was like "You always come in for coffee now that it's 25c, but you never came in before when it was a dollar and change." And she also said "I'm gonna ban you from coming in." I don't know if she was joking. So I'll probably continue to get 25c coffee.

She obviously disagrees with this promotion and wishes Burger King had added the caveat, "Coffee 25 cents with any purchase of $1.00 or more" or perhaps "Buy one cup and your second cup is 25 cents.". But they didn't. She must uphold the promotion they actually created and not the one she wishes they had created. Keep on buying the cheap coffee with no worries.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 10:48 am

Maybe you should stop being a Motherf***er......... :wink:

WrongWay
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2013, 11:04 am

That's just silly. Why price something at a discount and then look down on people who take advantage of it? I'm sure other people would also take advantage of the discount as well...

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2013, 6:00 pm

'Nothing wrong with being more inclined to buy something when it's cheaper than it used to be. That's the point in cutting prices, to get people to buy more stuff.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 8:17 pm

Janissy wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
. She was like "You always come in for coffee now that it's 25c, but you never came in before when it was a dollar and change." And she also said "I'm gonna ban you from coming in." I don't know if she was joking. So I'll probably continue to get 25c coffee.

She obviously disagrees with this promotion and wishes Burger King had added the caveat, "Coffee 25 cents with any purchase of $1.00 or more" or perhaps "Buy one cup and your second cup is 25 cents.". But they didn't. She must uphold the promotion they actually created and not the one she wishes they had created. Keep on buying the cheap coffee with no worries.

Too bad, thats life with a franchise, if its not working for you give it up and go independent, meny do just that.

If you complain to HQ through e-mail you might get a gift card or something, my mom got $50 card to a chain resturarnt becouse the manager at the local franchise blew off a legitiment concern about health and safety that caused injory. These guys don't like lawsuits you know.