Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2013, 5:14 pm

I've been having ABA therapists for a long time, ever since I was little. After I moved, I stopped receiving services for a while. Then I started again. After a school year with one therapist, I was switched to someone else. After a summer vacation, I was switched to someone else. Then my services stopped for about six months. Then I got a new therapists. I was just told that I was going to get yet another new therapist, because my current therapist needs to take a client that has therapy the same time as I do.

In short, this is going to be the fifth new therapist in the past two years.

I really liked this therapist - she's really smart, and she's been really helpful. I'm really going to miss her.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :cry:

Stupid ABA. :(

timatron
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2013, 5:40 am

Ditch therapists all together, you just pay them money to like you. What a scam! I can think of better women to spend my money on...

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2013, 9:57 am

timatron wrote:
Ditch therapists all together, you just pay them money to like you. What a scam! I can think of better women to spend my money on...

NOT HELPING! :cry:

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 10:25 am

timatron wrote:

Don't be a dick, she's asking for help. Sorry your experiences sucked, but obviously Dragoness has had good experiences and is distraught over the change. Do you think a hooker is the right solution for her?

Dragoness try contacting the one you like and explain how you feel. Ask her if she would reserve a spot for you if something opens up. In the mean time try some others, if you don't like them just tell them you don't feel it's a good fit and try someone else. You'll find someone you like it will just take a little 'shopping around'. Maybe the one you like will get an opening for you but you have to let her know to keep you in mind.

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2013, 7:15 pm

[quote=Rascal77s] Dragoness try contacting the one you like and explain how you feel. Ask her if she would reserve a spot for you if something opens up. In the mean time try some others, if you don't like them just tell them you don't feel it's a good fit and try someone else. You'll find someone you like it will just take a little 'shopping around'. Maybe the one you like will get an opening for you but you have to let her know to keep you in mind.[/quote] (I can't get this thing to quote properly for some reason.)

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that's not going to work. ABA therapy is different that normal therapy (and I'm not entirely sure how it works myself). Anyway, I don't really have any say on which therapist I have at any given time. If I did, I wouldn't being changing therapists again. As I mentioned earlier, there's a new person who desperately needs services, and my current therapist was the one assigned to the case.

But anyway, thanks for trying to be helpful. It made feel better. :)

Heck, I probably am going to meet every ABA therapist in the area at this rate. :lol: