Do you tend to correct people with correct facts and stuff?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you tend to always correct people with correct facts, grammer, etc.?
Yes 44%  44%  [ 112 ]
Yes 45%  45%  [ 116 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 14 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 256

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 6:55 am

LyraLuthTinu wrote:
BTW why are there two yes options and two no options with no other qualifiers? :|

Most of the polls got messed-up, when we went to the new site----hence, the duplicated choices. As for there being no other options, that's up to the OP.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2017, 3:34 pm

No. I hate when people do that. I'd rather let them live their entire life thinking they're right. And it's totally rude and obnoxious.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 4:37 pm

Not generally no, I mean if I am discussing something and I have a fact to add that the other person got wrong or isn't sure on then I will mention it. But I am not going to correct how someone talks(pisses me off when people do it to me, so I don't want to do it to others) also if I'm just chatting with someone and they get some insignificant 'facts' wrong I'm not going to be bothered to correct it if I still get the gist of what they're saying. Also people have an amazing ability to self correct when they mis word things they don't need someone to nag them about it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 2:55 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
LyraLuthTinu wrote:
BTW why are there two yes options and two no options with no other qualifiers? :|

Most of the polls got messed-up, when we went to the new site----hence, the duplicated choices. As for there being no other options, that's up to the OP.

i tried to fix the polls, when we had just moved, but while it did remove the duplicate choices...it reset the polls completely, getting rid of what was sometimes YEARS worth of data, with no way to reset or retrieve it.

some users were very upset when this happened to their polls :lol: so now we just avoid meddling in there.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:11 am

Not any more. Either I grew out of it or I gave up in despair. No more gratuitous corrections from me- I only bother when the fact is the topic under discussion, not when it's a passing error. Obvious mistakes do irritate me, but it also irritates me to see people leaping on a minor error or spelling mistake while completely failing to get the point of what is being said. I do tell people random facts they probably didn't want to know, though.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:22 am

They don't like me correcting them.

Skjald
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2021, 2:04 pm

Yes, I do.

I do this a lot. I just can’t let something that is incorrect stand as if it was true. I have to correct it and at least give the people the actual facts. What they do with the information then is their own business.

Unfortunately neurotypical people on average don’t seem to appreciate this, quite the contrary.
Hence I often find myself in situations where I feel as though I was Prometheus, facing the punishment for bringing fire to the humans, not by Zeus though but by the humans themselves x’D

“The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.”
- Mikhail Bakunin

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 1:37 pm

I correct people, and I try to not be rude about it. I don't think I have superior knowledge to anyone, but if I know someone is wrong about something I try to inform them + give them sources I have, since I don't think it's nice to just let people misunderstand things. Most people don't agree with that, though...