Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

LovingmyAspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2007, 8:39 pm

Prescott wrote:
I can get extremely angry/upset. The problem is, that when I do, I cannot verbalize it. I go practically mute.

It takes alot for my son to get Angry but when he does the above decribes him to a T!

Prescott
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2007, 8:54 pm

The problem with that (not verbalizing anger) is that it sends the wrong message each and every time. You can seem passive or weak when you're not, uncaring when you care a lot, stupid or vacant when you have a lot to say.

One of the biggest problems with all of my relationships has been this. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into an argument with someone and it's ended with me standing there, silent, while the other person stands there shouting "Aren't you going to say anything?"

The problem is, I can't.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jan 2007, 9:01 pm

I had terrible trouble with anger most of my life. I'd sit there thinking, "What am I so mad at?" I think it was the strain of trying to be normal. Since I found out I'm aspie and stopped trying to fit in everywhere, I'm much calmer. And grateful.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2007, 2:18 am

Fiz wrote:
I am quite a laid back person but can get wound up and angry very easily over the smallest of things lol.

This means you are a woman more than it means you have AS.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2007, 2:20 am

"Do Aspies Feel Anger"

Is the sky blue?

wedrifid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jan 2007, 7:01 am

I've developed the ability to feel anger a lot recently and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Being in touch with our emotions is something that is so vital for adapting and living. So often my emotions tell me something about myself or about life that my mind takes days or even years to figure out analytically.

Emotions are powerful, like fire. We need to make sure we are harnessing them for our own purposes and not being controlled by them.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2007, 8:33 am

I'm very quick to anger, but I also snap out of it very quickly. My moods can literally be like flicking a switch.