How to ask someone out 'the traditional way'

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

27 Feb 2013, 7:12 pm

There is a girl in my class who has acted flirtatious and asked if I was going to such-and-such a school event (I had other obligations). Also tries to talk with me and walk with me every time after class, and I think from her body language, she at least likes me in some way (though not 100% sure in what way).

If I asked her out, I have a feeling she would say yes, as long as I did it properly. Problem is I have never asked anyone out "the traditional way." How exactly does one do this?

I can only go off the times girls have done it to me, but I think they did it very awkwardly and inappropriately. For example: "wait, don't go yet, let me give you my number, I want to hang out sometime" etc. My ex girlfriend actually asked me out like that last year. Very direct -- and doesn't sound socially appropriate.

So what is the proper way to do this?

I'm thinking of doing it in a way that it's ambiguous as to whether it's an actual date or not. Class ends at 5:45: "I'm hungry. Do you want to get something to eat around here?" (conveniently lots of nice places to eat nearby) so I can get a better look at her flirtatious behavior, then invite her to a show or something if it turns out positively. I think "stealth" is only "creepy" if there is no interest. Right? or not?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 8:22 pm

your plan should work.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2013, 11:56 pm

If she says yes, I'd make sure you ask her out on a proper date during the course of this non-date.

Otherwise you could wind up sending the wrong message. Make sure there are no illusions by the end of this, you want to date her, not just be friends with her.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

28 Feb 2013, 12:21 am

rabbittss wrote:
If she says yes, I'd make sure you ask her out on a proper date during the course of this non-date.

Otherwise you could wind up sending the wrong message. Make sure there are no illusions by the end of this, you want to date her, not just be friends with her.

Good point. Though I've never been friend-zoned before. Women either ignore me (most of the time), hate me (a lot of the time), or are sexually interested (rarely). No exceptions. lmao

I plan to do a good amount of flirting, which I've already started. I'm not quite comfortable saying "I want to date you." Is it ok to "show" but not "tell"?

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 10:14 am

You are overthinking this...........

"Do you want to hangout?"

THE END