Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

28 Feb 2013, 9:58 am

From my knowledge, the main emotion Aspies feel is anxiety (Didn't even now it was an emotion before) so how do you deal with it?

Myself: I have all natural medication that helps against sleepiness, anxiety and shock and sleeping supplements that help you sleep without becoming addicted. Other than that, I use exercise and take baths (sometimes with bath oils) with candlelight because I find the bathroom light to be disturbing. Without those, I usually end up biting my nails :oops:

I also walk around the block before and after taking a test like a way of clearing the mind. Eating bananas helps too.

tripchamp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Mar 2013, 6:01 am

You should come off medication & supplements even though it's natural. I confirm that eating healthy & exercising daily helps.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 6:20 am

In my childhood i was anxious, mostly because i did not know things about the world. After a while i realised that i could pick up a book or ask people, so the more i learned and knew about life and the world, the less anxious i became.

As i see it, insecurity -> Anxious.

angelbee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2013, 8:31 am

Pray tell, what natural medications are you on? I would really like to know because I have always been against medications and if I have to take them then I research the hell out of it.

I would like to look into what your taking because I really need something to help with my anxiety, insomnia and depression. all the ones I've research are terrible in the long run so I won't take them. Pray tell, please.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 9:47 am

No big secrets from my side. I try to avoid coffein and similar stuff, avoid unnatural food, chemical food additions and such stuff, and too much sugar, try to get enough sleep and have some movement regularly. Light is also really important for me, for winter I have a daylight lamp to avoid getting depressions.

Might not sound so important, but doing so was an important key to get back from burnout/depression. (So I had therapy as well, but as long if you are only sleeping 3 hours a day out of anxiety, even the godfather of therapy couldnt help you.) So for around 4 weeks when it was worst, I had some pills for better sleeping (Trittico). Once that functioned, everything else was easier. So if you are not always tired, you can go to have some movement again and eat healthier and so on....

Still i was happy, when I could end the pills, because they really made me feel weird and my thoughts were always somewhere else.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 10:11 am

Well smoking cannabis works well for me, aside from that though there is valarian, lavender, chamomille, passionflower and other relaxing herbs can help I either drink tea made with one or more or tinctures are good. Other then that breathing excercises can help some if I realize the anxiety soon enough like slowing down breathing and such but that is not all that helpful.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 6:18 pm

You even lift, bruh?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 7:19 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
You even lift, bruh?

What does that have to do with anxiety?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 7:56 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
You even lift, bruh?

What do we do, we just keep lifting, just keep lifting,lifting,lifting...away with the nerves.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 1:18 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
You even lift, bruh?

He was saying (in an obnoxious way) that exercise relieves anxiety.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 2:12 am

This might sound trivial and lame, but it does work, whenever I feel depressed or stressed out.

Actually smile, think happy thoughts, what you've accomplished, how good you really are.

This is obviously free, simple and easy to do. The key is, maintaining this mentality on a daily basis!

It does indeed work, you are generating pleasure inducing chemicals in your brain, like natural drugs :wink:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 4:26 am

MannyBoo wrote:
This might sound trivial and lame, but it does work, whenever I feel depressed or stressed out.

Actually smile, think happy thoughts, what you've accomplished, how good you really are.

This is obviously free, simple and easy to do. The key is, maintaining this mentality on a daily basis!

It does indeed work, you are generating pleasure inducing chemicals in your brain, like natural drugs :wink:

This is true. Whether affirmations, visualizations, meditation, recalling happy memories, "going to your happy place," or w/e - mental exercises like these are absolutely 100% beneficial to overcoming depression, negativity, anxiety, stress, etc. Very simple, but far more powerful than most people give these things credit for. I do a variety of these things as needed, have read several books on positive thinking, and like to expose myself to positive messages and quotes on a daily basis just to keep my mind thinking in a more positive forward moving direction. I'll take a moment to read positive quotes on local business' signs, or scroll down my facebook wall and read the ones posted by a couple different pages I follow for that express purpose. It definitely all helps with feeling balanced & finding flow in the present moment, as being present is being happy & being free.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 12:02 pm

Delphiki wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
You even lift, bruh?

He was saying (in an obnoxious way) that exercise relieves anxiety.

I don't see how it's obnoxious, maybe it isn't intuitive, but mmh has a point.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Mar 2013, 1:51 am

Posting about it, talking bout it with my girlfriend, trying to analyze what it's related to & working on addressing those issues helps me a lot. When my anxiety is do to a situation I have to get through; I try to stay focused on getting through the situation. instead of dwelling on my anxiety & taking Buspar helps me with that & ohter anxiety stuff a lot; I take 15mg 2x a day.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition