Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 11:04 am

Misslizard wrote:
^^^^ Can't they say they're stepping out for a pint?

Pubs are full of old men in their twilight years playing accordions and tin whistles.

An innapropriate and immediately suspect place for a sixteen year old girl.

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 11:17 am

thomas81 wrote:
correction on the boat part. Its one hour and three quarters from Belfast to Stranraer. Its roughly 3 hours from Stranraer to Glasgow, its about 10 hours from Stranraer to Manchester.

Stranraer is a remote coastal shithole in the extreme southwest of Scotland populated by a couple of farmers and a family of seals.

Your waters will probably have broken by the time you reach London.

Yup. Which is why it's easier to fly to Blackpool if you're from Belfast, and to Liverpool if you live near Derry.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 11:19 am

thomas81 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
^^^^ Can't they say they're stepping out for a pint?

Pubs are full of old men in their twilight years playing accordions and tin whistles.

An innapropriate and immediately suspect place for a sixteen year old girl.

Now my bubble about the pubs has been busted.I was hoping for a room full of Cillian Murphy clones :cry:

"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

Dumb question, but how many females of any age, education, religion, or ethnicity do not know that birth control is needed to prevent pregnancy?

”He won't use a condom"?

Please.

He does not care about you, then, only himself, and you need to get rid of him, not a baby.

Sylkat

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 8:04 pm

Tequila wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
correction on the boat part. Its one hour and three quarters from Belfast to Stranraer. Its roughly 3 hours from Stranraer to Glasgow, its about 10 hours from Stranraer to Manchester.

Stranraer is a remote coastal shithole in the extreme southwest of Scotland populated by a couple of farmers and a family of seals.

Your waters will probably have broken by the time you reach London.

Yup. Which is why it's easier to fly to Blackpool if you're from Belfast, and to Liverpool if you live near Derry.

Depends how far a woman is into her pregnancy. Some airlines wont take you if you're too far gone.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 8:09 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Dumb question, but how many females of any age, education, religion, or ethnicity do not know that birth control is needed to prevent pregnancy?

”He won't use a condom"?

Please.

He does not care about you, then, only himself, and you need to get rid of him, not a baby.

Sylkat

I think its rather more complicated than that. First of all, condoms aren't a failsafe method. They're prone to breaking. Some young girls who are inexperienced and naïve may lack the gumption to approach the pharmacy for the morning after pill. Post coital contraception can be expensive and its availability can be hit and miss based on location (speaking from experience). Sometimes, the circumstances of one's relationship can change. The young girl who willingly consented to carry her mate's baby could have to re-evaluate their relationship based on the behaviour of the other party. Suddenly having a baby could go from a cause for great joy to the worst mistake in the world.

My deviant art profile

Sosiologismus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2013, 8:53 pm

They should obviously fix that law in Northern Ireland. I don't know why they don't. I'm also curious about how the centralized English/London UK government/system is working out for N.I.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 9:15 pm

Sosiologismus wrote:
They should obviously fix that law in Northern Ireland. I don't know why they don't.

They listen too much to priests.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 9:38 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Sosiologismus wrote:
They should obviously fix that law in Northern Ireland. I don't know why they don't.

Priests don't come into it. If anything, I think most new generation Northern Irish catholics are more progressive leaning and would like to see abortion legalised. The problem in Northern Ireland is actually mainly the protestant churches. Most of them are as militantly anti abortion as the Catholic church, if not more so.

Belfast is one of the few cities in the UK where you see prolife demonstrations on a regular basis. Most of these aren't organised by catholics.

My deviant art profile

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 10:01 pm

thomas81 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Sosiologismus wrote:

Priests don't come into it. If anything, I think most new generation Northern Irish catholics are more progressive leaning and would like to see abortion legalised. The problem in Northern Ireland is actually mainly the protestant churches. Most of them are as militantly anti abortion as the Catholic church, if not more so.

Belfast is one of the few cities in the UK where you see prolife demonstrations on a regular basis. Most of these aren't organised by catholics.

I meant priest in the general meaning, not just catholics. Protestants and muslims have priests too. And they are more alike than they think, they all keep their followers ignorant. The succesful ones can even get their followers to vote against their own interests. They happily vote for conservative parties, and when they want to end their pregnancy they suddenly regret that. Lumpenproletariat.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 3:20 pm

trollcatman wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Sosiologismus wrote:

I meant priest in the general meaning, not just catholics. Protestants and muslims have priests too. And they are more alike than they think, they all keep their followers ignorant. The succesful ones can even get their followers to vote against their own interests. They happily vote for conservative parties, and when they want to end their pregnancy they suddenly regret that. Lumpenproletariat.

Er, In Ireland theres no such thing as non catholic priests. The Roman Catholic church has priests and cardinals. The protestant churches have vicars and reverends. Theres no such thing as a protestant priest.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 3:23 pm

trollcatman wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Sosiologismus wrote:

Er, In Ireland theres no such thing as non catholic priests. The Roman Catholic church has priests and cardinals. The protestant churches have vicars and reverends. Theres no such thing as a protestant priest.

My deviant art profile

glow
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:24 pm

gratin wrote:
Females in Northern Ireland travel to England to have abortions at private clinics. Would be less hassle at a difficult time if they could have an abortion locally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19902778

i think wales is also highlighted in this article somewhere

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:50 pm

thomas81 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Sosiologismus wrote:

Vicars are priests. Reverends are priests. Kohanim are priests. Imams are priests. A priest is someone who performs religious services at a church or temple.