ASSUMED MOVIE, TV AND CARTOON CHARACTERS W/ ASPERGERS

Page 1 of 43 [ 686 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 6:53 pm

Ok, there is already a message topic of movie characters porttrayed with aspergers. I thought it was good to make a post mentioning movie, tv, and cartoon characters that act as if they may have aspergers though it isn't mentioned that they do indeed have it. Here are some that come to my mind:

Kramer from Seinfeld: Kramer has poor social skills. An example would be sliding into Jerry's apartment at random. He also has been known to get outragious ideas.

Melvin? from Officespace: I'm not sure if his name is Melvin though i think it is. Melvin talks in a unique speaking manner as someone with aspergers. He is very clingy to certain innanimate objects, such as his stapler that Lumberg takes from him.

Count Duckula: I'm not sure if anyone remembers this british cartoon that was aired on nickelodeon in the late 80's and early 90's. Duckula is very malodramatic. He has aspergian type fixations as he is obsessed with fame and wealth. He often gets bizarre plans and ideas that often fall through, as they are usually sureal.

Michelle from American Pie: Michelle speaks in a very aspergian tone. She often rambles on and on about her fixations, ie bandcamp. She is also known to be socially awkward at times.

These are some of the ones that come to mind. I know many of you may disagree. Do any of you know of any other characters that appear to have asperger's though isn't blatently idenified as having it??

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 6:55 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Ok, there is already a message topic of movie characters porttrayed with aspergers. I thought it was good to make a post mentioning movie, tv, and cartoon characters that act as if they may have aspergers though it isn't mentioned that they do indeed have it. Here are some that come to my mind:

Kramer from Seinfeld: Kramer has poor social skills. An example would be sliding into Jerry's apartment at random. He also has been known to get outragious ideas.

Melvin? from Officespace: I'm not sure if his name is Melvin though i think it is. Melvin talks in a unique speaking manner as someone with aspergers. He is very clingy to certain innanimate objects, such as his stapler that Lumberg takes from him.

Count Duckula: I'm not sure if anyone remembers this british cartoon that was aired on nickelodeon in the late 80's and early 90's. Duckula is very malodramatic. He has aspergian type fixations as he is obsessed with fame and wealth. He often gets bizarre plans and ideas that often fall through, as they are usually sureal.

Michelle from American Pie: Michelle speaks in a very aspergian tone. She often rambles on and on about her fixations, ie bandcamp. She is also known to be socially awkward at times.

These are some of the ones that come to mind. I know many of you may disagree. Do any of you know of any other characters that appear to have asperger's though isn't blatently idenified as having it??

Wasn't Count Duckula a spinoff of Danger Mouse?

Also, the entire cast of 3rd Rock from the Sun would qualify as Aspie.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 6:55 pm

Hank Hill is someone I feel would qualify.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 6:58 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
history_of_psychiatry wrote:

Wasn't Count Duckula a spinoff of Danger Mouse?

Also, the entire cast of 3rd Rock from the Sun would qualify as Aspie.

Tim

Yep, you've got it. Duckula was indeed a character that started out as a villian on dangermouse. I'm glad that Cosgrove Hall decided to give duckula his own cartoon, as i feel count ducklula is a hell of a lot funnier than dangermouse.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 7:04 pm

Hmmm, surprised to see no mention of Star Trek's Mr Spock and Data. How about Lisa Simpson and Professor Frink? Mr Bean? Teal'c of SG-1?

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 7:07 pm

Rare example: I just saw the movie Rocky last night and the character of Adrian seems like a possible example (at least in the original).

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jan 2007, 8:08 pm

The guy in "Accidental Tourist," and his family.

Alicorn
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jan 2007, 8:22 pm

Those kids on Eva...

Shinji, Rei, probably Gendo too

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 11:42 pm

Alicorn wrote:
Those kids on Eva...

Shinji, Rei, probably Gendo too

Rei-yes.

Shinji-maybe.

Gendo-he's just a ******* to shinji just cuz he lost yui...

DeoxysRibonuke
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2007, 4:58 pm

TAH! You guys have made a dream come true! This is what I LIVE for, to try and figure out characters in movies/TV with Asperger's.

(*** = Please try not to slaughter me for suggesting this.)

River in the TV show "Firefly" and the spin-off movie "Serenity" seemed a bit Aspie-ish. Even though they stripped her amygdala and she's a Psychic, that girl CAN'T be normal.

***Patience Phillips from "Catwoman": Yeah the recent Halle Berry, which unlike most people in the world, I LIKED (I do think the outfit is stupid, but I'm getting off-topic.) I think she was an Aspie BEFORE she underwent the whole transformation into Catwoman and stuff. She was quiet, she had a good interest in art, she had a friend who she turned to when in need, etc. Heck, I think she could be the POSTERCHILD for female Asperger's. *shields self from barrage of arguments*

***Jenny Johnson from "My Super-Ex Girlfriend: *still holding argument shield up* I know she's an airhead, but let's not rule it out. She was a geek in high-school, remember. I think eth super-heroine-ness has gone to her head. Really. She THINKS she's completely normal, and therefore goes on and does whatever she wants without her thinking that other peopel might find her neurotic. She rambles on and on about strange things and she-- Well, you get it...or not... *buts shield way back up*

Peter Parker from "Spiderman": I don't think I need to defend myself on this one...

Therefore, if you would like to chat me up, you may contact me at my AIM screenname. Being a student, I canno

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 7:54 pm

Chloe O'Brien from 24.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 9:55 pm

dexkaden wrote:
Chloe O'Brien from 24.

My family thinks so too

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 11:23 pm

Roxas_XVIII wrote:
dexkaden wrote:
Chloe O'Brien from 24.

My family thinks so too

She is my most favorite character on that show, and I was watching Season Five with a friend the other day. She turned to me and said, "this is you! Minus the programming, this is you!" I took it as a compliment.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2007, 3:26 pm

Movie-Seymour from Ghost World. He has unusual interests in music, can't get dates, can't relate to anyone, sensitive to sounds(radio in the car scene). Also the akward conversation that he has with the woman about jazz speaks aspieness to me. Also the character Enid could possibly be aspie too.

TV-Inger from the show Help Me Help You. She is socially inept, speaks her mind, takes things literally, and seems to have an aspie-like lifestyle. Unfortunately this show got cancelled.

Cartoon-Dexter from Dexter's Lab-High IQ since he was born, fascination with science, dislikes sports and would rather stay in the comfort of his lab, then go outside.

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Jan 2007, 3:27 pm

dexkaden wrote:
Roxas_XVIII wrote:
dexkaden wrote:
Chloe O'Brien from 24.

My family thinks so too

She is my most favorite character on that show, and I was watching Season Five with a friend the other day. She turned to me and said, "this is you! Minus the programming, this is you!" I took it as a compliment.

Yeah, she's my favorite character as well. I can't wait for SEASON 6 ! !! !! !

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2007, 5:28 pm

alex wrote:
dexkaden wrote:
Roxas_XVIII wrote:
dexkaden wrote:
Chloe O'Brien from 24.

My family thinks so too

Yeah, she's my favorite character as well. I can't wait for SEASON 6 ! !! !! !

Just four more days! And then it's two nights of two hours of Jack saving the world---or himself, rather, as I am led to believe by chatter across multiple boards and talk shows. I am counting down the hours.