Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 11:02 pm

Link to the original article:
www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-micro ... r-the-mpaa

Quote:
Microsoft’s new Kinect patent goes Big Brother, will spy on you for the MPAA

By Joel Hruska on November 6, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Microsoft has filed for a Kinect-related patent, and it’s a doozy of an application. The abstract describes a camera-based system that would monitor the number of viewers in a room and check to see if the number of occupants exceeded a certain threshold set by the content provider. If there are too many warm bodies present, the device owner would be prompted to purchase a license for a greater number of viewers.
[mod. edit: article truncated for copyright reasons]

More, including working links, in the original article.

Will you buy the Xbox 720/next Xbox?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Mar 2013, 11:14 pm

I've always been a little paranoid about the Kinect, so I usually unplug it if I'm not using it. I also wasn't planning on getting the Xbox 720, only because I barely use my 360. Now I have another reason not to get one. :lol:

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 2:19 am

I've actually had my laptops integrated webcam hacked. It was pretty freaky. I was able to cover the lens fairly quickly but, someone out there probably has a 6 sec clip of me lying in my bed half naked. After that I put tape over the web cam and FDisc my Hard drive.

Urist
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2013, 5:07 pm

Never really used the Xbox 360 I got all that much and I definitely have no interest in the newer Xbox from what I've heard about it. My PC is more than good enough for gaming and I simply prefer using it now; Xbox Live is really not worth the money, either. I might look into the PS4 if it has good exclusives, but I'm more or less done with consoles for the foreseeable future.