Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 4:36 am

I have been wearing my favorite boots for quite a while and i am finding it difficult wearing other shoes without feeling mentally strange, i have no idea why its a problem.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 5:00 am

Your favorite pair must be an absolute fit for you. Maybe that's why others don't feel quite right. You can rotate a few pairs every day so that you can get used to all of them.

I tend to only use my favorite shoes/pants/shirts etc once in a while because I want them to last long. So ironically I usually use ones that are not really my favorite. I sometimes feel stupid about it.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 6:55 am

I know this feeling. I also hate it to buy new shoes because I know I won´t like them for a while. But after wearing them a few times it gets better. Nevertheless I prefer my older shoes and wear them till they are nearly broken.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Mar 2013, 11:46 am

I have a REAL problem finding shoes or boots that I really like, and when I do find a pair, I usually buy several spares of the same brand, and same lot if possible. I wear steel toe work boots 90% of the time, and I have about 15 pairs. But I only wear one pair usually, as the others aren't "quite right". The "right pair" can change over time, as when I wear out my favorite pair, I settle for the next best, and then that defaults to favorite after awhile.

Charles

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 11:53 am

I like wearing same shoes over and over agian.

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 4:17 pm

I hate getting shoes because they make them so different from one year to another. I like these kind of shoes

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 7:51 pm

I am glad the flat soled fabric/leather low profile sneaker has come back into style in the last ten years. In the 90's, the more structural built running shoe, with arch supports and all sorts of shaped cushioning features, were more the standard popular non-dress shoe sold. It was hard to find the type of shoes I am comfortable wearing during those years. Not hard now, which is good. Although I like the idea of buying duplicates for future use when I buy a new pair, just so I don't have to go through the whole searching process once the current ones wear out. I will keep that in mind.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 7:52 pm

franknfurter wrote:
I have been wearing my favorite boots for quite a while and i am finding it difficult wearing other shoes without feeling mentally strange, i have no idea why its a problem.

You don't like change? I don't either....it makes sense.

muff
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2013, 11:10 pm

heh.

i wear the same boots ALL of the time. i believe that at some point, my employer will ask me to put shoes on. i live in a colder climate, so ive been keeping it going for quite a while. there are 'emergency shoes' under my desk in case i have to interview someone, but come to think of it i conducted my last interview in my boots and i think it went well.

the interesting part is the madness that my shoes seem to cause. i am confident it is a sensory issue and dont question it much at all anymore.

Sovereign
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2013, 11:18 pm

I've been wearing my favorite pair of shoes since high school, and they still look sort of new somehow. :?

For awhile those where the only pair I owned.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 12:27 am

ianorlin wrote:
I like wearing same shoes over and over agian.

Me too. When I need to buy new shoes I buy the exact same model in the same colour etc. If they don't have that model I buy shoes that are very similar to the old ones. Today I need to buy a pair of shoes for a wedding I need to go to. The model's the same but the colour's different and that really bothers me.

AnnaShadows
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Mar 2013, 6:13 am

I like having a choice of different shoes to wear. I mostly have skater shoes (the flat bottomed type sneakers) but I have one pair of the more athletic arch support-y type and a pair of converse as well. Ever since I was about 12 or 13 I always have to have a pair of red sneakers. When I wore them out I would replace them, though never with the exact same brand or style. My current pair will need to be replaced soon and I may just buy the same ones new again. These have been my favorites so far, they're super comfortable and really cute :) They are red Matt Hensley Gamblers made by Duffs.

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2013, 11:42 am

I need shoes with good support because of some back issues I have, but I have real issues replacing them. Usually I wear a pair untill they have holes and the seems start comming apart. Even then I have to be forced into a shop and I am on edge the first week I am wearing them. Generally, I only own 2 pairs; the one I am wearing and a pair of hiking boots.

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Mar 2013, 12:38 pm

Drehmaschine wrote:
I hate getting shoes because they make them so different from one year to another. I like these kind of shoes

Those were SO comfortable!! ! I had a few pairs of Osiris D3's (the ones in the pic are a different model of Osiris, but the D3 was similar style) in the 2000s, and they felt like wearing pillows. They were skateboard shoes, but honestly the were better for walking than skating.

Charles

LizNY
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Mar 2013, 12:53 pm

I am a little obsessed with shoes but I usually get attached to a pair and need to wear them constantly. I hav tons of shoes...sometimes a pair will sit in my closet for yrs before becoming a favorite.

JoeDirt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2013, 2:31 pm

Shopping shoes for my son is always a multi hour enjoyment... We do have 2-3 pairs that he will wear. Socks are a bigger issue than shoes though.