Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MrPickles
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2013, 6:58 pm

I have been real picky about the shoes and socks I put on my feet.

I absolutely refuse to wear cotton socks -- Acrylic nylon mixes only - originally I purchased Burlington socks but when they became unavailable I switched to a goldtoe similar type which now has moved production to china - much poorer quality - not sure what I will do when the socks I now have wear out. For many many years I purchased only "Postman Easy Walkers" shoes from Kenney Shoes. I ran to both local stores and bought out all they had in my size when they went out of business (only 4 pair) - but at last a couple of years ago the last pair of those wore out. So far nothing really replaces those shoes.

Found on http://jacobbarnett.org/ -- If you are suffering from Autism - you're doing it wrong!

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Mar 2013, 10:33 pm

i can't stand any type of shoes except for regular flat ones. they can't be made out of a weird material either. the ones i've got right now kind of get on my nerves but the nearest shoe store is a while away.

i also hate socks with shoes for some reason. i like them for around the house, but if i have to wear them with shoes, my toes being pressed together so much bothers me.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 10:57 pm

On the very very rare occasions when I've switched the types of shoe I've liked, I've bought several of the same type and then rotated through them so that they'd have a chance to air out between wearings. That would means there is less wear on each pair, and the foam expands back to close to its original shape, so they wear out much more slowly. Then when any pair is worn out, I go online and try to find the exact same type of shoes. The last time I did this I was still able to find pairs of the same type of shoe almost five years after they stopped being made.

I've had a consistent type of shoe for about the last three years.