Tiring yourself out vs. not being warmed up.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 11:32 am

Like say you did overhead press and bench press and a bunch(bench?) of chest/arms/whatever body part you're doing exercises to really work that body part?
Would it just really break down them muscles or just tire you to do the other exercises, if you follow me?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 11:58 am

I feel like you should do the least taxing exercises first and work up. IE, lateral raises before pressing, etc. The big reason you wanna warm up is for your joints, not as your muscles, you want blood flowing and you want warm joint fluid.

As far as individual recovery it depends on your composition. Me personally muscle pain/fatigue doesn't really phase me, I can walk around legs on fire the whole day and go and squat. It's CNS that gets to me.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:38 pm

I'd say you should do the compound excercises first. This is because they require the most energy. It doesn't matter if you're a little fatigued when doing biceps curls, but it'll make A LOT of difference when squatting, bench pressing and deadlifting.

When warming up, do two sets and no more warmup than that. Those people at the gym you see doing four warmup sets with 70% of 1RM, will have to work out with less weight during the effective sets because of this.

When warming up for bench press, i do one set of 8 reps and then one set of 5 reps. This is far more efficient than "conventional" (what you see most people doing at the gym) warmups, which is the abovementioned four warmup sets or just one warmup set where you rep the bar alone 20 times.