Stopping an obsession before it starts

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 3:33 pm

Urgh. Was really hoping to not have to deal with this issue again. :(

In November, I was given a Facebook link to a more local music group. I posted there and explained that I'm from another city, I don't drive and could I please have some help getting there. I explained that I'd get the train up to the station; so would just need to be picked up from there.

I received a friend request and a message from someone/ He introduced himself and we swapped mobile numbers.

We seem to be getting quite close and see each other most weeks. I think I'm starting to get obsessed with him and it sucks.

I'm in this situation with someone else, who is currently refusing to talk to me because of this.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 4:06 pm

Okay, I sometimes jump friendship levels. Or, I get carried away with my own favorite conversational topics, and then on the days away from the friendship, say when I'm taking a walk, I don't casually ask myself if the person is reciprocating. I mean, is the person putting medium work into the friendship, too?

Last edited by AardvarkGoodSwimmer on 08 Mar 2013, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 4:07 pm

Obsessed with him romantically?

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 4:34 pm

Geekonychus wrote:

I am not sure tbh.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 4:48 pm

Wandering_Stranger wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

I am not sure tbh.
Is it possible he's interested in you back? You haven't really given us any details. If you really want to stop the obession it's never going to happen until you stop spending time with him and/or focus your attention on someone else.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 8:33 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Wandering_Stranger wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

I am not sure tbh.
Is it possible he's interested in you back? You haven't really given us any details. If you really want to stop the obession it's never going to happen until you stop spending time with him and/or focus your attention on someone else.

Unlikely. He's quite a bit older than me and with someone.