Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

lee60101
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2013, 8:54 pm

I read a comment on one of TheAnMish videos on youtube that said "only if the world was full of people like you (aspies) how much better it might be"and that got me thinking what if there were no NTs on earth but just us would the world really be any differant then it is today or would it all be the same. would there be war, fammie,hated between differant nations or would there be peace and pospreity. I do not know what that world would look like for all we can do is imagine how it would be. so i leave this for all people to give there ideas and thoughts after all we are still human aren't we.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 9:17 pm

The only way there would be peace is if everyone in such a world (or any for that matter) had the like-minded view of "leave everyone else alone". Since that would never happen in any community, NT or otherwise, there would never be true peace.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 9:52 pm

Jaden wrote:
The only way there would be peace is if everyone in such a world (or any for that matter) had the like-minded view of "leave everyone else alone". Since that would never happen in any community, NT or otherwise, there would never be true peace.

I agree with this statement. I even see it on here that there are some people who can't leave others alone and than flame wars start. I prefer to leave others alone unless I resonate with something that another member says, than I'll add to it.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 10:02 pm

for true peace there needs to be a way for humans to regress back into apes. :D

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 10:39 pm

Some people with AS are very annoying, some refuse to learn from the feedback of others, and some are very self-centered. Some just can't function independently in adult life. It would not be perfect. Aspies are not perfect. I wouldn't mind to have more Aspies in the world, but perhaps the kind of people the world most needs more of are the creative, slightly geeky types who have found some intellectual or artsy pursuit that they find more interesting than sex. Those people tend to be far nicer, smarter, and more understanding than average folk. Of course that group includes almost all Aspies.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 11:20 pm

I don't think this would lead to an ideal world. There are various degrees of communication deficits, mindblindness, and potential meltdowns that leads me to envision a very chaotic world.

UnLoser wrote:
I wouldn't mind to have more Aspies in the world, but perhaps the kind of people the world most needs more of are the creative, slightly geeky types who have found some intellectual or artsy pursuit that they find more interesting than sex.

Many people see the "sexual center" as the driving force of all creative energy. It's seen as a force to be channeled.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 11:23 pm

Jaden wrote:

More like "Love thy neighbors or leave them alone", in my opinion - no more of this constant mind-effing by friend and foe alike.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 10:24 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I don't think this would lead to an ideal world. There are various degrees of communication deficits, mindblindness, and potential meltdowns that leads me to envision a very chaotic world.
UnLoser wrote:
I wouldn't mind to have more Aspies in the world, but perhaps the kind of people the world most needs more of are the creative, slightly geeky types who have found some intellectual or artsy pursuit that they find more interesting than sex.

Many people see the "sexual center" as the driving force of all creative energy. It's seen as a force to be channeled.

The folks who channel that being the geeky virgin types.

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

naturalplastic wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
UnLoser wrote:

The folks who channel that being the geeky virgin types.

Like Isaac Newton! (I think he was a virgin - somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2013, 11:48 am

franknfurter wrote:

No, in order for true peace to exist, there can be nothing alive on this world. As long as there are living things, there will be no complete and utter peace.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 9:20 pm

Dragoness wrote:
franknfurter wrote:

No, in order for true peace to exist, there can be nothing alive on this world. As long as there are living things, there will be no complete and utter peace.

I dont know where he gets the idea that apes are peaceful. They just have less firepower than humans have.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 6:48 pm

franknfurter wrote:

Apes are no better. They fight one another too. All animals fight. It's part of being an animal.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 7:48 pm

Hey Fnord, I've missed you. I really am happy to see you. :D

But about the question at hand, human nature is just that no matter what the community. Some are more bent towards good and others are more bent towards evil. I don't think it would make a difference whether it is a Spectrum community or a non Spectrum community.

Wreck It Ralph

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 8:35 pm

skibum wrote:

A necro thread, unfortunately...

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 8:39 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
skibum wrote:

A necro thread, unfortunately...
I don't understand. What does this mean?

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

A "necro" thread is an old thread.

An old thread is usually considered "dead" within online communities; they've lost their relevance to time.

"Necro" means "dead." When you post on an old thread, you "necropost."