Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2013, 4:14 am

rabbittss wrote:
Hurm yeah well once I get done transfering schools and move I'll be walking distance from all the bars and stuff and it won't be an issue anymore. But thanks for the link!

And yeah if I take 2 shots, it generally leaves me feeling fairly good for about 2-3 hours.

I thought you were opposed to ingesting any drugs that made you feel an altered state of mind or body?

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2013, 4:36 am

goldfish21 wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
Hurm yeah well once I get done transfering schools and move I'll be walking distance from all the bars and stuff and it won't be an issue anymore. But thanks for the link!

And yeah if I take 2 shots, it generally leaves me feeling fairly good for about 2-3 hours.

I thought you were opposed to ingesting any drugs that made you feel an altered state of mind or body?

If it's Illegal, I won't do it. So that rules out pot and any recreational use of prescription schedule drugs. I'm not willing to risk jailtime for the ability to go to bars.

If it's a prescription anti-depressant/anti-psychotic/anti-anxiety drug, they have adverse effects on my sex drive which would defeat the Whole purpose of me even going out in the first place.

There's a distinct difference, and you know it.

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2013, 8:27 am

rabbittss wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
rabbittss wrote:

If it's Illegal, I won't do it. So that rules out pot and any recreational use of prescription schedule drugs. I'm not willing to risk jailtime for the ability to go to bars.

If it's a prescription anti-depressant/anti-psychotic/anti-anxiety drug, they have adverse effects on my sex drive which would defeat the Whole purpose of me even going out in the first place.

Prescribed xanax might help too. The reason some doctors dobt like to give it and say it is addictive is because it enters your system quickly.. about 20 minutes and you start to feel it then it lasts just a few hours and it exists quickly. So if a person had a serious anxiety disorder they would need to take more. I have also not known any men who had sexual side effects.. likely due to the fact that unlike say welbutrin or Zoloft it is not building up in your system. It is more like alcohol.. in and out. I had a prescription after I had a miscarriage. Some days I would just get so overwhelmed and my heart would race and I would get short of breath. I would take one and it would give me just enough to regroup and calm myself down. Sort of like a piece of drift wood floating by as you have been treading water. Just a little help while you get your head around it. For me personally I am not much for the daily medicating but a shot or a prescription of xanax occasionally I don't see as a big deal. I got 30 pills and I think there are still some in the closet and that was 4 years ago

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2013, 1:05 pm

rabbittss wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
rabbittss wrote:

Marijuana is technically illegal here, but may as well be legal considering its so common and penalties for personal posession besides confiscation are rare. Can you get a prescription for marijuana where you live? Or a dispensary membership? You may find a strain that works well for your anxiety that doesn't impede sexual function etc.

You know what else defeats the purpose of going out trying to get laid? Ridiculous amounts of life hindering social anxiety. Try some other meds then, there are many.

And my suggestions only keep coming back to pharmaceuticals because you seem pretty closed minded about trying anything else that might benefit you. IMO, that attitude needs some work before you can even begin to find what sort of treatments and coping mechanisms will work for you.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 3:49 am

:study: ephiphanys only happen once maybe twice in a lifetime. they play out in a non awareness state that questions your subconscious rather than reloacte somewhere in your brain at the point of which you are awake. you dont stumble upon one, however it seems after its happened.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 11:41 am

glow wrote:
:study: ephiphanys only happen once maybe twice in a lifetime. they play out in a non awareness state that questions your subconscious rather than reloacte somewhere in your brain at the point of which you are awake. you dont stumble upon one, however it seems after its happened.

Ahh.. hurm.. pedantry.. :lol:

glow
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2013, 12:02 am

well, you're reading the wrong article if you want to discuss that. in order to know when you've had one you must experience it first and anyway, if it wasn't an eye opener, there would would be no cure at all to gods modern medicine . :wink: