Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MaKin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Mar 2013, 11:59 am

i quite enjoy wrong planet's forums, so i mean no offense by asking, but are there other aspie forums?

wrong planet, is for the most part, open to public viewing, and because of that, i'm reluctant to use the forum as much as i otherwise would if it were more private.
i feel uncomfortable sharing personal details about my life and myself, but can really use some support and advice. i can also offer some of my insight gained by experience to other people...but then again, would wind up potentially sharing tmi (too much information).

i see there's a members' only section, but also see that it's not as interacted with as much as this section is.

sooooo, does anyone here enjoy another forum that is not public that i might check out?

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Mar 2013, 6:46 pm

There is a members only section here that obviously only members can view and it blocks out Google bots.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 6:55 pm

MaKin wrote:
i quite enjoy wrong planet's forums, so i mean no offense by asking, but are there other aspie forums? ...

I think you may be confusing "Website" with "Forum" ... websites have forums, and forums have threads.

But lxuser is right - the "Members Only" forum is not viewable by bots or the public.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2013, 7:46 pm

psych forums, theres an aspie place under Developmental

JonAZ
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Mar 2013, 2:24 am

Wrong Planet has ten times the traffic of the other places. I would also like to see alternatives to WP because I like to have choices.

www.manyperceptions.org

My son has autism.

MaKin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

thanks! i appreciate the information. i do like wrongplanet forums. perhaps i'll frequent the members only section more frequently and see if i feel more at ease using it. .... and still enjoy the general autism discussion section, as it is more lively for the most part. fun conversations.

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

11 Mar 2013, 9:44 am

There is this UK-based one:

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/

...but it's nowhere near as active as WP and has far fewer users (although you may not consider that a problem if you're looking for somewhere more private).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

There is something called the "Aspie Hangout" on Delphi forums that I went to for years before I discovered WP. Havent visited it for a while. Its a tiny village compared to this place.

JukeTerran
Butterfly
Butterfly

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 11:21 am

not a forum but tumblr has a big autism community we discuss stuff under specific tags like #actually autistic and #actuallyautistic

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2013, 12:06 am

there is too much whining that goes on in this forum...which makes this in many ways a negative place to hang out. (virtually speaking)

would be nice to have a more positive website on autism and aspergers related topics...(though I can't say I haven't been helped here and met some cool people)

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 12:11 am

naturalplastic wrote:
There is something called the "Aspie Hangout" on Delphi forums that I went to for years before I discovered WP. Havent visited it for a while. Its a tiny village compared to this place.

Same here.

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2013, 12:30 am

found this from that Delphi forum

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/forums.php

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 8:22 am

legomyego wrote:
there is too much whining that goes on in this forum...which makes this in many ways a negative place to hang out. (virtually speaking)

would be nice to have a more positive website on autism and aspergers related topics...(though I can't say I haven't been helped here and met some cool people)
Watch out, your setting yourself up here for a target.

It appears most WPers consider whining to be their only source of therapy.

I wouldn't even mind their negativity if it weren't elusively about their personal nonsense.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 8:29 am

Stoek wrote:
I wouldn't even mind their negativity if it weren't elusively about their personal nonsense.

Elusively or exclusively? LOL