Nintendo 3DS game recommendations please?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 7:15 am

Currently play tetris and bejeweled blitz a lot. Also have a few Sonic games and various other puzzle games.

Also, is Super Mario Bros 2 worth getting? I can get it pre-owned for £27.99, which I think is a lot money. But I do have £10 worth of Game points to spend.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 8:55 am

Only game I can really recommend is Resident Evil: Revelations. Oh, and Dead or Alive Dimensions.

I've played most games on the 3DS and for my taste, they're not nearly as fun as most of the ones for DS. :/

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 9:09 am

Fire Emblem: Awakening is an absolute must have.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Mar 2013, 9:25 am

I heard that they have a new Kingdom Hearts game out for the 3DS.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 4:41 pm

Thanks guys :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

If you have a 3DS XL, you might want to look into this: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2012/Joi ... 78984.html

I can't really recommend anything without knowing what kind of games you like. Cave Story is pretty awesome, but also quite challenging. Shantae is awesome, but they only have the second one, not the first one.

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2013, 5:16 pm

Kid Icarus: Uprising is the best 3DS game I've ever played yet! (And I've played FE:A...it's a little tiring when getting all the possible supports. TRUST ME!)

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 11:05 pm

I quite enjoyed Super Mario 3D Land. I highly recommend Virtue's Last Reward if you've played 999. Even if you haven't, I think it's still worth checking out, though a couple twists at the end of the game won't have the same impact.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 8:33 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
If you have a 3DS XL, you might want to look into this: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2012/Joi ... 78984.html

That expired in January, according to the link. :(

Kyiro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2013, 9:12 am

Indeed there is a KH game. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, and I highly recommend this game. While it does feel like KH with Pokemon elements, those KH elements you loved aren't gone by any means. If anything, they added more to the feel.

I saw Super Mario 3D Land was put in here as well, and I must second that. If you're looking for a good hard Mario game in the later levels(When I say this, I mean you have to beat the game first to access special worlds), this is the one. If you beat every level and get every star coin, you get to play one of the hardest levels ever in a Mario game if not the hardest. Let me put it this way, I lost 400+ lives straight trying to finish that level.

Also, there's a new Monster Hunter coming out in 7 days...well, not new, but I guess a port from the Wii? Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I loved 3, I love Monster Hunter, so I imagine this will be great.

Mario Kart 7, definatly. So much fun.

As for the new Super Mario Bros. 2...this is my opinion, and I may need to play it again because admittedly, I did pretty much put it down after I beat it, but it felt WAY too easy. But, it's nonetheless a good Mario game that represents our favorite plumber very well. IF you were to ask me the best of the two, I would say 3D Land, but I'm just a guy who loves a good challenge.

Sorry to bombard you with text, but these are a few that come to mind.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 11:28 am

Aside from everything already mentioned (Fire Emblem, Virtue's Last Reward) Etrian Odyssey 4 is incredibly fun; although it might be a little difficult (That's what casual mode is for XD.)

Author/Writer

Ooccoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2013, 4:07 pm

Theatrythym Final Fantasy is a must if you're a FF fan, and even if you're not it's a solid rythym action game that I've put literally hundreds of hours into