Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

platonicsolid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2007, 6:01 pm

The mind envelopes itself so thoroughly that it cannot tell the difference from itself. All we are left with is the choice to acurately perceive what it is that we perceive. Since we are all different we form the world for ourselves in different ways so the onus is on each one of us then to understand what the basis of this mental calculus might be. I call for personal cosmologies. Perhaps the abstractions we have created in the mathematics will fit with your head or the flowing acceleration of gravity or the colours and lights that you see; it is something afterall needed to feed the void of your own mystery.

earthdweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2007, 11:09 pm

A metaphor of the mind is said that the mind is like air. The universe has its own obscure meaning. Behavior.. Behave.. behave~ The beast in you!

Sophrosyne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jan 2007, 12:19 am

platonicsolid wrote:
The mind envelopes itself so thoroughly that it cannot tell the difference from itself. All we are left with is the choice to acurately perceive what it is that we perceive. Since we are all different we form the world for ourselves in different ways so the onus is on each one of us then to understand what the basis of this mental calculus might be. I call for personal cosmologies. Perhaps the abstractions we have created in the mathematics will fit with your head or the flowing acceleration of gravity or the colours and lights that you see; it is something afterall needed to feed the void of your own mystery.

Not sure, but I think they call this subjective idealism.

uninterlaced
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2007, 12:32 pm

subjective idealism says that the mind is all there is. what i am saying is that your mind's perception of the world is all there is FOR YOU. each individual has their own World. Each of your Worlds in on this Planet.

in one tirade of mine is said something that might clearly illustrate the distinction: Speaking to the people of Earth, "My World is Hell. Lucky for me it is my World so I have a way out: figure out how to get to Heaven before I die. My Heaven, unfortunately, is on Your Planet."

i went on to slam adherence to spiritual ideologies in favour of a self directed approach for each individual to find their own meaning to life through self-discovery and the definition of a personal cosmology.

Sophrosyne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jan 2007, 2:07 pm

uninterlaced wrote:
subjective idealism says that the mind is all there is. what i am saying is that your mind's perception of the world is all there is FOR YOU. each individual has their own World. Each of your Worlds in on this Planet.

in one tirade of mine is said something that might clearly illustrate the distinction: Speaking to the people of Earth, "My World is Hell. Lucky for me it is my World so I have a way out: figure out how to get to Heaven before I die. My Heaven, unfortunately, is on Your Planet."

i went on to slam adherence to spiritual ideologies in favour of a self directed approach for each individual to find their own meaning to life through self-discovery and the definition of a personal cosmology.

Ah, my mistake. It's solipsism.

platonicsolid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2007, 2:25 pm

* An epistemological position that one's own perceptions are the only things that can be known with certainty. The nature of the external world — that is, the source of one's perceptions; therefore cannot be conclusively known; it may not even exist. This is also called external world skepticism.
* A metaphysical belief that the universe is entirely the creation of one's own mind. Thus, in a sense, the belief that nothing 'exists' outside of one's own mind.

What I am saying is that this Planet is Real AND Your World that is on this Planet is also Real. They are mutually exclusive in terms of existence. Another way to put it would be: you can know your World with certainty, based on the FACT that you are experiencing it, meaning your perception of yourself has great value, AND you can know the collective World with certainty because if you didn't you wouldn't be able to function in it.

If you think about the process of time for a moment you might be able to see that the conjoining of these two mutually exclusive Worlds are what combine together and define the Human passing of time.

What is the absolute Truth of the matter? well . . . i think that is up to everyone to find for themselves in their own personal cosmologies and spiritual searching. Personally, i think that god is ultimately unknowable and that we can only ever be satisfied with the glimpses of Light that we get in beautiful moments.

What this amounts to is that there is a Human Reality that is a combination of our perceptions and collective knowledge that is mutually exclusive of the Universal Reality that is ultimately unknowable.