Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ArtificialSmile
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2013, 12:46 am

I am currently eating from a giant box of white cheddar Cheez-Its and will probably be heating up a Hot Pocket or two in a minute.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

12 Apr 2013, 12:45 pm

The biscuits at Popeye's are the best thing ever. Second only to Jack-in-the-Box tacos, which come under the 'so-bad-they're-awesome' category. Us Brits don't know how to do junk food properly.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 11:23 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
The biscuits at Popeye's are the best thing ever. Second only to Jack-in-the-Box tacos, which come under the 'so-bad-they're-awesome' category. Us Brits don't know how to do junk food properly.

Beans on toast or egg-and-chips is close enough, then again I'm American. BTW I was not aware they had Popeye's and JIB in the Isles.

Excuse me while I munch another handful of Cookie Crisp cereal straight from the box

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 11:45 pm

A burger for dinner (no fries or soda at least) but later followed by 4 chocolate chip cookies and some cheesy nachos...

Bad boy! BAD! *swats self*

Scia
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2013, 12:08 am

Betty Crocker seems to have recently started a small line of desert mixes called 'Supreme Bars.' (Or maybe I just noticed them recently. Or they're just a new addition to the store I go to.) One of them is something called 'Cookie Brownies' - brownie on the bottom, cookie on top, all-around yum~~

Last edited by Scia on 13 Apr 2013, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

13 Apr 2013, 2:20 am

2wheels4ever wrote:
BTW I was not aware they had Popeye's and JIB in the Isles.

Usually they don't, but I work on a US airbase and we have a Popeye's, an Anthony's and a...what's that Philly subs place? I can't remember. As well as a BK, a Pizza Hut and a Subway, but we have all those over here anyway.

JIB I encountered when I was in Seattle. We were going to go try the infamous Dick's burgers, but I discovered that - shock! horror! - they don't hold the mayo and I despise mayo - and it happened the JIB on Broadway (now demolished) was the nearest available place to get something else. (My hubby, who doesn't share my objections to mayo, had a Dick's burger and he said they weren't all that. I get the impression a lot of Seattleites like Dick's for the nostalgia value because they grew up going there, or in some cases working there.)

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2013, 4:04 am

My fave junk food treats are:

Galaxy Caramel
Cadbury Dairy Milk
Mars bars
Pizza
Skittles
Percy Pigs (pig-shaped foam gummies you can get from M&S)
Ben and Jerry's ice cream
Chocolate cake or chocolate fudge brownies
Big Macs
KFC
Chips (the hot ones, not potato chips/crisps because I don't like them)
Jammie Dodgers
Custard creams
Double choc cookies
Strawberry cheesecake
Key lime pie

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 11:55 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
2wheels4ever wrote:
BTW I was not aware they had Popeye's and JIB in the Isles.

Usually they don't, but I work on a US airbase and we have a Popeye's, an Anthony's and a...what's that Philly subs place? I can't remember. As well as a BK, a Pizza Hut and a Subway, but we have all those over here anyway.

JIB I encountered when I was in Seattle. We were going to go try the infamous Dick's burgers, but I discovered that - shock! horror! - they don't hold the mayo and I despise mayo - and it happened the JIB on Broadway (now demolished) was the nearest available place to get something else. (My hubby, who doesn't share my objections to mayo, had a Dick's burger and he said they weren't all that. I get the impression a lot of Seattleites like Dick's for the nostalgia value because they grew up going there, or in some cases working there.)

Never heard of Dick's but in the southwestern US a chain called Five Guys has been campaigning to compete with In-N-Out. Sounds similar to this Dick's with the overpriced nothing special. In-N-Out literally has people coming from all over the world to try their burgers, and many come back. I'll always prefer INO because as a California native the taste and texture are ingrained in me. When my cousins moan about not having had In-N-Out since 20-- my response is: that's what happens when you leave California huh?

Speaking of burgers, I just got a hankering for a chili burger from Tommy's (I live near the one in the Offspring "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" video! )

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 1:21 pm

Fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies sounds really good right now . . .

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 3:23 pm

Some of my guilty pleasures...

Dark chocolates
Pizza
Nachos
Fish sandwiches
Fries
Burgers
Cheesecakes
Date nut cake
Pies
Milkshakes

BambooSun
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 3:28 pm

Ice cream and brownies.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 4:09 pm

Bag of popcorn-flavored jelly beans. :)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 4:10 pm

For breakfast I had Oatmeal Crisp and a cookie.
For lunch I had a cookie and a granola bar.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 4:50 pm

I used to be really good and forego all this stuff. Computers and junk food seem to go together, though.

Last night: DiGiorno rising crust cheese pizza

Sometimes on hand:

White cheddar Cheetos

Lay's sea salt potato chips

organic "M & M"

Mint Milano cookies

I like those really cheap nachos you can get at 7-11 or the movie theater, too.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 5:37 pm

I've been eating those candies made in Canada. I don't know what this type of candies is called. Could be sherbet? It's like compressed sour powder. They are very addictive.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:24 pm

jk1 wrote:
I've been eating those candies made in Canada. I don't know what this type of candies is called. Could be sherbet? It's like compressed sour powder. They are very addictive.

Smarties. Not the same Smarties as the rest of the world. I used to like this candy called Spree, with a hard sour shell and liquid goo inside