Going back into the social circle/ Going back into Vietnam

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

JohnConnor
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2013, 11:49 pm

In the United States during the early 1980's there was this film that came out called Uncommon Valor. It had Gene Hackmann and Patrick Swayze in it. The plot of the film was a bunch of Vietnam Vets receive financing from a wealthy businessman who lost his son in Vietnam as they had lost comrades to get them back. Some of the team make it out and some do not but ultimately all the POW's are rescued.

That is what I would compare what I am going to do this weekend. I know its not the best comparison but its what I got. That is what this.....mission is going to be like for me.

But this time it will be different This time I am going in with the right tools to help me succeed. I have two books: One from Liz Laugeson and the other that I got from a friend from another source which I think will prove itself to be effective. The latter of the two I know was not written for someone with AS in mind but I figure if I combine the two plus the help that I get from another source I should be ok. I've been involved with groups before but usually they were with all guys or I kept a policy of speak when spoken to. I was not able to hang out with the people in this club on a consistent basis because the majority of the people in this club did not have to work a job and go to school as to where I do. So I will be reading before I leave.

In the long run I know I will be successful because when it comes down to the bottom line I absolutely do not give a $%(* about what I have to do to accomplish my goal. That being said if anybody out there has any good tips they would be much appreciated.