Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2013, 12:01 am

It's approved for treatment in adolescents 7-17
I'm an adult...my doctor is thinking of me trying it at 2/2.5mg (the 5mg tablets would save a bit of money if I can cut them in half)
Just wondering if someone else with autism takes this at a low dose and if so how or does it help?

We need a search....among other things on this website.

Schizpergers
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2013, 12:13 am

I used to take abilify for a few years but I was on 10mg. Its hard to be able to tell exactly what meds do but it seemed to help with some things mainly mood and cognition. I started getting tardive dyskinesia symptoms after being on it for a couple years and I switched to zyperxa which is similar.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 2:07 am

I've been on 30mg aripiprazole (brand name Abilify) before but it didn't fully work, but I took it for schizophrenia.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 3:30 am

I took that low dose of abilify a few times as an add on to an anti-depressant. And it worked well for me although I didnt like the side effects. The first time I took it, I felt like it was a miracle drug. It made a more profound effect on me whereas anti-depressant provide more subtle effects. Everybodys body chemistry is different.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm

I used to take that dose as an addition to my antidepressant, but it is very expensive. It seemed to help, but i had to use doctor's samples for the cost and they started to give them less samples so i could no longer get it due to its cost.

I was then switched to a generic equivalent of zyprexia. Noe exactly the same but works at the same symptoms. And it seems to have similar effects.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 1:44 pm

legomyego wrote:
It's approved for treatment in adolescents 7-17
I'm an adult...my doctor is thinking of me trying it at 2/2.5mg (the 5mg tablets would save a bit of money if I can cut them in half)
Just wondering if someone else with autism takes this at a low dose and if so how or does it help?

We need a search....among other things on this website.

Took it for two years on a high dosage. It made me numb, zombie-like could not think well, i was super sensitive to the sun (more than normal, as in i broke out in hives) my hair fell out . . .

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

hmm...well im on a pretty fixed budget...so probably i cannot afford this medication.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 5:14 pm

I heard abilify costs up to $400/month. My insurance covers it. I don't pay a penny. I take 20mg for psychosis.