Aspies always with correct grammar and punctuation

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2013, 8:01 am

Has anybody noticed that we aspies always use correct grammar and punctuation on this forum? I haven't seen any clumsy writers on here. I realize that most internet users write like they're actually talking to you in person. Many don't even bother using grammar. It's different on here. I guess it's a aspie thing?

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 9:14 am

It appears to me it generally is, but not always.

Last edited by faithfilly on 13 Mar 2013, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 9:31 am

alakazaam wrote:
Has anybody noticed that we aspies always use correct grammar and punctuation on this forum?

i do not use capitals letters and i do not abbreviate my words or use buzz words, so i would be considered by most people as being grammatically incorrect on this forum.

i do not like people saying "we" aspies because i do not subscribe to a club that defines my personality.

you can run off in your field of speculation as to "how aspies" are, but i have no interest in joining your club of attributes that you ascribe to" aspies" because i am not like you or anyone else.

because i am not like anyone else, not many people understand me.

that is sad but it is not catastrophic,

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 9:35 am

There are many members of this website whose misuse of grammar, spelling, and punctuation leaves much to be desired. Many seem to be ignorant of other aspects of writing, such as subject-verb-object, pronouns, and the old "their-there-they're" conundrum.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 11:00 am

No, aspies do not always use correct punctuation and grammar and whatnot. Next question.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 12:32 pm

Some of the blatant misspellings and malignant trouncing of the written word amounts to hawking & spitting on the English language. What should be noted, however, is how various attempts by members to correct other members is met with insults and ridicule. No harm is meant but people do get offended anyway.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 12:36 pm

i us carrect grammer must of the time, bit I sometim git troubles in writes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 1:31 pm

If it were up to me, I set down these guidelines as official policy for any social website...

Before posting on this website, go through this basic checklist:

• Is every sentence complete, not a fragment?
  • Do the subject and predicate agree in number in each sentence?
  • Is every word spelled and used correctly?
  • Have you quoted the correct person in the appropriate context?
  • Are sentences punctuated correctly?
  • Are words capitalized properly?
  • Have you used BBCodes and Smilies correctly?
  • Does each pronoun unambiguously refer to its antecedent?
  • Do you stay in the same tense and person throughout?
If you've answered 'No' to even one question on the checklist, go back and correct your errors before submitting your post. Thank you.

But I am not in charge, so the status quo remains.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 1:47 pm

No one has called me on it, it but I can't seem to avoid run-on sentences and going comma happy. :oops: If I try to break it up it seems so terse though. Not to mention autocorrect doesn' t cooperate... :x

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 3:58 pm

i try to, but i know i'm not perfect (english isn't my first language and even in my real one my grammar and punctuation aren't perfect).
you can also notice that i do not really bother with capitals usually, which stems from general lazyness.

i will agree, however, that the average level on WP is far above the average level on the internet. whether that is becouse most of us are aspie/autistic or becouse there are less little kids around is up for debate (probarbly a bit of both)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

13 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

I see a lot of screwed up grammar on this website, although it's much better than Facebook, deviantART, and YouTube. :lol:

My posts never come out perfect, but I try to at least be as grammatically correct as I can. I write a whole lot better in longhand.