Aspergers resources in Manhattan and Philadelphia

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Allagash
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2013, 12:39 pm

Hi, I'm currently a senior undergrad at a college in a fairly rural area. I got in to my university for grad school, but feel I'd likely be better off going to a school in a larger city. I also got into a grad school in Philadelphia and another in Manhattan. How do Aspies fair in these cities? I'm hoping these places would be better for someone with Aspergers. Especially when it comes to the dating scene.

NYC seems extremely intimidating so I'm leaning towards Philly, but I'm open to persuasion. Does anybody have any thoughts or advice about these to cities or cities in general?

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 12:51 pm

Where do you live now?

It depends largely how you plan to meet and interact with people.

Although it's easier to meet people in a bigger place it's also harder to be close to them.

Allagash
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2013, 1:02 pm

Stoek wrote:
Where do you live now?

It depends largely how you plan to meet and interact with people.

Although it's easier to meet people in a bigger place it's also harder to be close to them.

I'm in Ithaca, NY right now. I don't really have a social life at all so I'm pretty eager to go anywhere else. I'm thinking that my OKCupid options would expand at the very least in a city.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 2:50 pm

i dont know much about philly but the New york area has a lot of support groups and other services Grasp alone has 2 or 3 in manhatten 2 in long island (one in nassau one in suffolk) and i heard they might be setting up one in brooklyn, also there are plenty of other agencys aswell. if you dont drive new york and a very extensive public transportation system and also a para transit bus for those who cant take the regular service for what ever reason due to disability (you have to apply for that though) good luck with your decision