Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 8:29 pm

It's an interesting point....not only what counts as defaming a religion but what constitutes a religion? What are the criteria? Why couldn't free speech be a religion? Then you'd have a conflict of interest blasphemy wise. What if you said that you were establishing a religion that worshipped canned spaghettios and others followed this religion then would anyone who insulted speghettios or those who worshipped them be guilty of blasphemy?

He's asking you to boycott the conference in Geneva. There's actually going to be a conference about this? :roll:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Mar 2013, 11:53 pm

Islam always whines about religious tolerance but are they tolerance to others religions? nope. Islam is nothing but savage religion that copycated two other horrible religions. Pat as usual is right on the money and this makes people mad

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 4:31 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
It's an interesting point....not only what counts as defaming a religion but what constitutes a religion? What are the criteria? Why couldn't free speech be a religion? Then you'd have a conflict of interest blasphemy wise. What if you said that you were establishing a religion that worshipped canned spaghettios and others followed this religion then would anyone who insulted speghettios or those who worshipped them be guilty of blasphemy?

He's asking you to boycott the conference in Geneva. There's actually going to be a conference about this? :roll:

These videos are from 2010.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 11:42 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
What if you said that you were establishing a religion that worshipped canned spaghettios and others followed this religion then would anyone who insulted speghettios or those who worshipped them be guilty of blasphemy?

Actually... Church of the flying spaghetti monster (Link)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 12:57 pm

Tequila wrote:

These videos are from 2010.

As true today as it was three years ago.

Last edited by ruveyn on 14 Mar 2013, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 2:15 pm

Ichinin wrote:
daydreamer84 wrote:
What if you said that you were establishing a religion that worshipped canned spaghettios and others followed this religion then would anyone who insulted speghettios or those who worshipped them be guilty of blasphemy?

Actually... Church of the flying spaghetti monster (Link)

That;s what I was thinking of actually . I knew I'd seen something like that before but couldn't think of the whole name. :lol: ".....also known as Pastafarian".