How does change in routine effect you

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 12:24 pm

i seem to get low and sometimes angry but i am not entirly sure its to do with change but it does seem to coincide, it has gotten worse in the last couple of years can that actually happen????

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 12:30 pm

I think it can get worse. I feel like I don't exist as fully as others since I can't follow my routines. I can't put on makeup or shave my legs anymore because I had those things squeezed out "temporarily" and I can't figure out how to add them back in with other people in my life. So those things are for "real" people, not for me. :(

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 1:01 pm

Some things don't bother me, but some things have to be done in certain order or I'm lost. As lost as if gravity has suddenly disappeared, and my thoughts have gone to static. The weirdest things serve as touchstones throughout the day to remind me where I'm at and what comes next.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 4:35 pm

I feel lost for a while. I think the issue is worse when I know that the change is coming, or needs to come, then I am fretful about it and get anxious.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 4:37 pm

<--- Quit his last job because, out of the blue, they changed the schedule.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 5:30 pm

I get frustrated and anxious and can often have a brief verbal outburst including some colourful language, but it passes quickly. I can't think of any big things that have caused this, it's always little things that are pretty well confined to someone moving my things/tools/food or drinks. I don't usually leave myself nearly enough time to cook/pack a lunch/get ready for things, so even though I can be messy and disorganized on a macro scale, I always keep various things in the same spots in the kitchen so I can zip through like a bit of a whirlwind and make myself something quick before I have to leave. Whenever someone's moved something, even by one shelf in a cupboard or in the fridge, it pisses me off because I might not see where it's gone to and have to spend time looking around or asking someone. The last time this happened I made it crystal clear that this is definitely my biggest pet peeve routine and I don't like my ingredients moved around, or blender/utensils, or my water bottle put in the fridge where I can't see it vs. left on the counter where I last put it etc. And yes, I apologized for losing my cool and all is well. Just don't move my f*****g water bottle. :D

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2013, 5:50 pm

I get irritated and feel like my whole day has been ruined...then I normally find somewhere to "hide" and be alone for a while.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

14 Mar 2013, 6:03 pm

It ruins my day. Sometimes it ruins several days in a row.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 6:13 pm

It depends what routine is changed. Some routines can be changed and I'll be fine. Others I get angry and agitated when they're changed.

Foreverlost
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2013, 10:50 pm

I couldn't care less. Never been the type to care about a particular routine; I just live my life doing whatever.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 3:59 am

Its like my brain was starting to run at 250% power, because everything has to be planned new. So it happens regularly but if I am with stupid persons that change everything every 90 seconds, after half an hour or so or after the 25th complete new planning of everything, I get exhausted and angry.

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2013, 4:12 am

I have a man child tantrum. Everything feels ruined and wrong. I'm aware I have these irrational out burst and try to stop them but when my routine is broken it feels like I'm in the right to be angry so I can't stop them. I then go off to be on my own and feel suicidal for a short while until I calm down and it becomes apparent that maybe I have over reacted :oops:

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

To put it in simple terms: Any changes in routine; especially if not WELL-planned for, will cause me to be all SNAFU'd for the entire day, and nothing will go right. I'm irritable, forgetful, and short-fused on those occasions. Interfere with my workout time or my breakfast time, and you will PAY!

Charles