Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 3:46 pm

OK so I quit my part time job at a warehouse to become an apprentice IT support technician but
my employer has now turn round to me and said they can't afford to pay me anymore so
what do I do?

I was trying IT as a job because people say I'm good at it but I really
struggled and my colleagues didn't really help me. My dream has always bin skateboarding
but I tried to find a place to myself in the skateboarding industry by selling skateboard
decks but that didn't really work out.

I'm quite geeky but in a different way to the stereotype I'm more socially awkward and have trouble talking to strangers on the phone and my interets are skateboarding, not maths or science etc.
And a lot of the time I don't really know what to say.

Any help to which direction I should go in either some kinda of IT or internet job, or if there is a place in skateboarding for me which would generate money?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 5:29 pm

I'm not an expert, but if you are good enough at skating, participate in a competition and someone there may see you and sponsor you. I think that's how people usually get jobs as pro skaters. Otherwise, you could make skateboarding videos, write for skateboarding magazines, or charge people to put together custom decks, but all that depends on if you live or can move somewhere where there is demand and if you have the skills.

Lots of IT jobs require social interaction, so that might not be the best thing for an aspie. If you can handle that, it all depends on how long you want to spend training, what you're good at (programming for logical thinkers or A+ certification for visual thinkers, for example), and what interests you the most.