Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2013, 7:26 pm

I thought i would start a thread for TESO.

I have a guild I run For the Aldmeri Dominion.

But I thought I would get some chat going about the game.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

19 Mar 2013, 8:34 pm

I think I'll wait and get a better PC before I play. I really want to, though.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 9:32 pm

I've decided not to play it, or at least not pay for any active account. If there is an evaluation, then maby i'll look at it.

Reason being the forced world PvP and the lockdown of zones. To me, this goes against everything that is Elderscrolls which is RP and open world gaming.

GoshEvan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2013, 4:19 am

I can't wait to play it I am also thinking I should get a desktop PC to play it on my laptop overheats when playing Skyrim without a fan and it being elevated off the tabletop.
if there is a price to play elder scrolls online count me out though why bother paying for something over and over when you've bought the disks, that's what I absolutely hated about WOW.
does anybody know of the release date for elder scrolls yet or is it still in Beta??

Urist
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2013, 12:43 pm

I've been hearing good things about it, like it having a focus on exploration and giving options for a first person mode, and I do like the TES lore and games. I have all of the main series of them, from Arena to Skyrim. Whether I actually play it will hinge entirely on whether they make it free to play, single payment(like Guild Wars) or subscription. Either of the first two would be fine, but I wouldn't pay a sub for it.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 12:48 pm

I can't wait for it, I'm super-excited! I've been playing their games since Daggerfall, it will be nice to see how some of the locations have changed since those games. Particularly Daggerfall, since that game is so dated I'll be interested to see how the more modernized version looks.

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2013, 4:02 pm

The new information states that once you have completed the story in one faction you can keep your character and move to another faction for another 120-150 hours of play time. it will be more difficult though. Beta will open up sometime within the next 4 weeks. and do not let your computer stop you. it will be able to be played with a scale of graphics. so those of us with crap computer will play with crap graphics. and those with good computer get good graphics.

Also the whole world is not pvp only a certain area. all of cyrodiil will be pvp but the 3 provinces will be safe for you and your friends to explore without pvp.

So far the 3 ideas for it are
Monthly
Micro trans
Disc

i believe it will be a game released every year with expansions. so you pay 60$ install it and then play online. However they have not released it. i will be playing either way.

If any one is interested in playing Aldmeri Dominion let me know and ill tell you about my guild.

P.S.
More info will be released after pax east in a few days

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 11:10 am

Is anyone going to be in early access? Can we start our own guild? What campaign should we choose?

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 7:40 pm

My character's name is Deeana and is in the Ebonheart Pact.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 11:07 pm

I just pre-ordered and am installing it right now.

I see that it's between $12 and $15 per month though to play it - not being a huge gamer I'll have to play by month and consider which nights of which months would be less expensive to stay in and play vs.... oh, put that money on drinks.

I'm trying to figure out which alliance to go for. I like to make dual wield characters who have some practical magic like summoned weapons but are geared more toward sneak and archery (at least in Skyrim). I'll have to see how this game is weighted in averages though to see what I want to play.

I have a feeling if any of my friends ever jump in on this (they're huge FPS-junkies so it's a longshot) that they'd join Aldemri. I like the redguard dual-wield bonus and I'd have fun making a redguard character but it all depends on the practical issues now considering that they're restricting race to alliance.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 9:02 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I just pre-ordered and am installing it right now.

I see that it's between $12 and $15 per month though to play it - not being a huge gamer I'll have to play by month and consider which nights of which months would be less expensive to stay in and play vs.... oh, put that money on drinks.

I'm trying to figure out which alliance to go for. I like to make dual wield characters who have some practical magic like summoned weapons but are geared more toward sneak and archery (at least in Skyrim). I'll have to see how this game is weighted in averages though to see what I want to play.

I have a feeling if any of my friends ever jump in on this (they're huge FPS-junkies so it's a longshot) that they'd join Aldemri. I like the redguard dual-wield bonus and I'd have fun making a redguard character but it all depends on the practical issues now considering that they're restricting race to alliance.

My character is a redguard in the Ebonheart Pact even though they are supposed to be in the Daggerfall Convenanat. So I have had not issue with any restrictions.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 9:06 am

structrix wrote:
My character is a redguard in the Ebonheart Pact even though they are supposed to be in the Daggerfall Convenanat. So I have had not issue with any restrictions.

The way the guys at Gamestop explained it to me yesterday was that those who purchased early could do that. After that, everyone else has to pick from one of the three (or four in Aldmer) races in that alliance.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2014, 7:47 pm

It's good, but it's not $15 bucks a month good in my opinion. I played the beta up until it closed, and I gotta say this game kinda got my hopes a little to much. I was expecting a game that was focused more the Elder Scrolls aspect instead of the online aspect. For example I wish it didn't use an action bar for spell casting, I would much rather spells be used like in previous Elder Scrolls games where they must be equipped. All in all, if it gets cheaper, if ZeniMax flushes out the gameplay a bit more, and when they release more of Tamriel I might consider buying it.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 10:05 pm

I tried the beta and wasn't at all impressed with the game.

In fact what I saw was literally SWOTR like gameplay with a Skyrim skin on it.

The skill and combat system was just.. dissapointing. It works and its functional but I just did not get any enjoyment out of it. Just.. click whack bling! items and xp. No real challenge.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 10:35 pm

Now that I've purchased it I might not get to play it at all. Can't log in.

Tech support: Hehehehehehheehe......duuude....heehehehehehehheh.....I dunno what's wrong......

Rock on Ted!

Wonder if they'll give refunds if it stays like this.

Archdevilius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2014, 2:37 am

Anyone playing on the EU server?